Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-09-2012 WT Study (SHOW SPIRIT)

by blondie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I think some jws think this is the goal the WTS hopes to attain and then plays the imperfection clause card. It is an article of assertions but not current verifiable proof or examples. Just some person from the past in the bible like an idolator, Aaron, and a murderer and adulterer like David. No punishment for Aaron but his sister Miriam was struck with leprosy and shunned for doing the same thing Aaron did, speaking against Moses.

Aaron - speaks against Moses, no punishment

Miriam - speaks against Moses, her brother, leprosy

Korah - speaks against Moses, death to him and his family.

The Insight book under Miriam says:

The fact that only Miriam was stricken with leprosy may suggest that she was the instigator of wrong conduct on that occasion.
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

I suggest this article be subtitled, "Sit Down, Shut Up and Do What We Tell You!"

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Thanks Blondie . This study was example of growing trend of mind control . Nothing really deep and biblical

about it. Listen, Obey or die . What a truly loving arrangement.

• SAHS
    SAHS

JW GoneBad: " Compare that spirit to the spirit of the JW community: I was at my JW congregation meeting today and not one mention by the visiting speaker in his talk expressing his condolences over this horrific shooting; and not one mention expressing concern over the loss of life nor for the surviving family members in either the opening or closing meeting prayers. I’m sure it was the same loveless spirit in many if not most of the other 100,000+ JW congregations worldwide. "

Although the public speaker did briefly mention the Connecticut shooting, seeming to suggest that JWs express "concern" over it, my parents, especially my mother, kept commenting during the public memorial and candlelight vigil which was televised live on CNN that "we really shouldn't even be watching this because it is an inter-faith service." There were representatives of the major religions shown taking turns offering condolences and comfort each in their own way, after which President Obama gave an address to those present as well as to the nation.

I felt rather indignant at such an attitude - or "spirit" - being shown by my mother, who kept saying, "Most Witnesses probably wouldn't be watching this. We really shouldn't be watching this." Now, I know that the JWs have quite an exclusivity stance (i.e., they, and ONLY they, are correct and approved), but, come on - it was a memorial service for a most unfortunate tragedy, which very well could have been for one of their own children affected. As Ecclesiastes 7:2 says, "Better is it to go to the house of mourning than to go to the banquet house, because that is the end of all mankind; and the one alive should take [it] to his heart." I think that everyone, whether they are JW or something else or whatever, should feel totally free and justified to watch that memorial service, whether it's "inter-faith" or not.

There were representatives from the Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, and Muslim religions who had the decency and humility to give of themselves during that memorial event - I guess that shows what kind of "spirit" they show!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

SAHS: "we really shouldn't even be watching this because it is an inter-faith service."……………….

……………"Most Witnesses probably wouldn't be watching this. We really shouldn't be watching this."

…………..the Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, and Muslim religions who had the decency and humility to give of themselves during that memorial event….

I can’t help but think of the words of the Lord Christ Jesus @ Jh 13:35: ‘By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves’

It is at a time like this that I especially don’t see love among those I congregate with…………………..Jehovah’s Witnesses!

For good reason (as Blondie mentioned) WT has written this study lesson entitled: ‘What Kind Of Spirit Do You Show?’ More to the point, I think a better title may have been: ‘Are You Guilty Of Showing A Loveless Spirit?’

And the most guilty of all is the Leadership (WT GB) of the JW movement!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yay!!

Thanks, Blondie!!

st

• ziddina
    ziddina

Paragraph 7...

"...Older men in the congregation are not perfect, just as they were not perfect in Moses' day and in the apostle John's time. Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world's spirit, vehemently demanding "justice" or that "something be done about this brother"! ..."

So, that's their response to tha Candace Conti case...

• ziddina
    ziddina

**********************Quoting Blondie, post #35564 **********************

" No punishment for Aaron but his sister Miriam was struck with leprosy and shunned for doing the same thing Aaron did, speaking against Moses.

Aaron - speaks against Moses, no punishment

Miriam - speaks against Moses, her brother, leprosy

Korah - speaks against Moses, death to him and his family.

The Insight book under Miriam says:

The fact that only Miriam was stricken with leprosy may suggest that she was the instigator of wrong conduct on that occasion.

********** End of quote of Blondie's comments and WT quote*********

I think Miriam was punished more heavily because she was a mere female, and not allowed to 'talk back' to the menfolk...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I think Miriam was punished more heavily because she was a mere female, and not allowed to 'talk back' to the menfolk...

Or maybe she didn't miraculously contract leprosy at all, it is just another myth added to an old book of fairy tales written by mysoginistic men and used as a scare tactic to keep women subservient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit