Wouldn't the Almighty God have done a much better job than that?

by Terry 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Are you studying with one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Here is some good advice:

Ask the JW you are studying with where the original manuscripts of the bible are kept.

See if they are even aware of the fact there are none in existence anywhere!

Their religious views are from men who assert that the bible is their foundation. But, that foundation doesn't actually exist!

Copies of copies of copies of non-original manuscripts are all anybody has to go on.

The Watchtower religion went to the trouble to translate their own bible to PROP UP false teaching by changing the wording of texts.

Who is to say that EVERY religious person through all of history didn't do exactly the same thing--change the text to prop up personal doctrine??

You see--without originals---it can never be proved that no significant corruptions have crept in and distorted what the first scriptures had to reveal!

Note: this does not mean Evil Men were trying to corrupt anything. On the contrary! These were people just like Jehovah's Witnesses who had Absolute Certainty they are right. Self-deluded good guys!

But--some will object to this and proclaim: GOD HAD THE POWER TO PRESERVE His Word if He wanted to!

Logically true!

But, what does the evidence demonstrate about the remaining texts which are mere copies of copies of other copies starting long after the death of the Apostles?

The non-original fragments weren't miraculously preserved since they were dug out of landfills and caves rotting and scattered like so much garbage!

The oldest early fragment is about the size of a postage stamp!

If Almighty God were going to PRESERVE something as sacred as HIS WORD don't you think he'd do a better job of it than that??

Can you appreciate the IRONY?

"We trust the bible to teach the Truth" ends up meaning: "We translate our own bible SO THAT it will teach OUR Truth."

• skiforever
    skiforever

I've had to come to the conclusion that the Bible isn't infallible as I had been taught. It's likely man's word not God's.

However, this doesn't mean that I don't believe in a higher power. I respect atheists, agnostics, and liberal Christians but I probably feel that deism makes the most sense.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree. His universe ain't so great, either. There's a lot of crashing and blowing up stuff. Nor is his creation, on this planet. Everything is eating or infecting everything else.

S

• Terry
    Terry

Can you appreciate the IRONY?

"We trust the bible to teach the Truth" ends up meaning: "We translate our own bible SO THAT it will teach OUR Truth."

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I'm the current owner of the original manuscripts. Mr. J wrote them with his own finger onto a floppy disc which is locked away in my desk....shh, don't tell anyone.

-BONEZZ

• Terry
    Terry

Round about 1978 a group of Evanagelical fundamentalists got together in Chicago and drafted a series of statements of the true faith.

Concerning the reliability of the bible especially they declared INERRENCY.

They carefully explained that it was in the (original) autograph manuscripts that the inerrent, infallible truth exists.

After that, they became incoherent, illogical and downright intellectually dishonest.

How?

They asserted that whatever copies were made from originals were accurate enough for us to know what the Originals must have said!

Talk about a leap of faith!

Mind you, there were no cameras, mimeographs, Xerox machines, digital scanners or other technological marvels extant at that time!

Further, the persons writing the epistles or gospels were not under any illusion that what they wrote down was HOLY!

None of it was preserved. Yet, the Catholic Church was notoriously meticulous about saving every dubious religious relic they could get their hands on!

Getting a group of True Believers together and asserting something to be "without error" just doesn't cut the mustard, I'm afraid.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Somehow, I thought you were talking about the physical structure of the Universe, Terry.

And no - God could not have done a better job than that.

• prologos
    prologos

well said terry.

skiforever: "deism makes more sense" yes, but as terry shows it would make more sense that the deity would produce better records and preserve them better. more answers needed. talking about better jobs: skiing is powered by gravity, surfing is done on energy, try it. energy wins over gravity, the universe is expanding.

satanus: like terry implied, record keeping and preserving a lousy job. but universe is great, greater than we can think or even see. Without blowing ups, Super-novae blow- ups -- we would not be here. that kind of planned* explosions are cooker-uppers of elements. *are they???

"better job" of recording, "better job" of preserving: think of the NASA plaque abord the pioneer-voyageur space craft leaving the solar system,-- or the golden plates found by Joseph Smith--.

• Terry
    Terry

Somehow, I thought you were talking about the physical structure of the Universe, Terry.

And no - God could not have done a better job than that.

I dunno, James, I'd like Mars to be a few miles closer. That's just me personally!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Maybe the problem isn't that god didn't do a better job. Maybe the problem is just delusional people mellenia ago not being honest about the voices they heard in their head, which they forced everyone to believe is god, and his explanations of why we die etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit