BEATING KIDS IN THE WASHROOM

by Rags 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Rags
    Rags

I am 36 yr old female originally from Toronto Ontario Canada.
    Was raised JW till i was about 14. Has anyone else had this happen in their hall? The mom's (thank God never mine!) would bring their children..as young as one year old...and beat the living crap out of them in the washrooms downstairs and we could all hear it upstairs (the screams from both mom's and kids being tortured!!) and not once did anyone ever say anything to that up on stage!! I remember being scared to go to the washroom because i didnt want to see this kid getting beat up. In our hall it almost became a trend. Honestly..it was the Oakwood Hall in Toronto and this was about year 1970-73.
    when i think of it now..why didnt somebody call children's aid..the police..or at least announce it on the stage that this was unnacceptable behaviour and child abuse???
    They actually encouraged parents to use the whip along with anything else they could use to beat the crap out of kids.
    Okay, thanks for letting me share..
    peace to all of you.....goodluck in your journey towards Unbrainwashing yourselves from this cult...been there...done that..and totally understand it..
    Rags

• target
    target

Many years ago I remember being in the bathroom at an assembly and a mother brought her two young boys in (about4 and 5 years old) and drop their pants and whipped them with a leather belt. I bet those kids are not in the 'truth' anymore. I remember a brother who would make his stepsons place their hands against the wall and stand with their butts way out so he didn't hit anything else when he whipped them. He bragged about it. Those boys are long gone from the 'truth' too. There was a lot of child abuse that went on in the name of discipline and sanctioned by the Borg. I think there were people attracted to the religion because it gave them the 'head of the household' right to abuse their families.

Target

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

We did see a lot of this in the 70's-80's. I can remember incidents exactly like what you described. The wooden spoon seemed to be the beating instrument of choice.

Didn't do that with my kids. Actually, I stopped spanking my kids at all following an incident when my oldest son was about 11 or 12. I just said I don't care what the Bible or the Watchtower says, there have got to be better ways to discipline than spanking, and I never did it again.

Back then I don't believe any of us saw it as abuse - though we were certainly troubled at times by excessive spanking on the part of some parents. Today my wife works with mental health services in our state, and is a mandated reporter, required to report any instances of abuse she sees. When one sister began spanking some children she was babysitting at the Hall, my wife just quietly and firmly told the elders that they had better talk with the sister, and if they didn't, and she saw it again, she'd report it to the state immediately.

That's what should have been done decades ago.

S4

• TR
    TR

It was common practice at the 3 different halls I attended, to beat kids in the 'second school' room or the restroom. Kids get antsy- time for a whoopin. You think the parents would learn that kids up to 4-5 years old are going to act up, and not just sit still. I mean, they can only look at an ugly-ass 'My book of Bible Stories' for so long.

I brought three small kids to the hall by myself when I was a 'hovah, and when my kids got noisy, I went into the second school so they could run around. When it was TMS meeting night, I didn't bring the kids, because the second school was being used.

TR

• Angharad
    Angharad

We were in the foyer once with Liam as he was bored so we were letting him potter about a bit. There was a sister beating the crap out of her kid in the backroom, he was howling. Then she came out and said something like I've smacked him until my hand is red and he still wont be quiet!!!!! I didnt say anything but I felt like saying you've just beaten him no wonder he's crying.

I really wish that I could take a social worker or something to the hall and let them see what happens to some kids.

Well done Seeker's wife

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

I was also a witness to this type of treatment of children who couldn't sit still through the most boring get togethers anyone could ever attend.
    One of the many reasons why I hate the WTS!!!!
    Sunny

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Happened at my old hall (when I was a teen), many times and made us walk out one time. The sister was given some counsel about it as it made many people uncomfortable to hear her beating her 1 year old like that. They needed to get her tubes tied. Last I heard, she had several other children as well. Poor things.

The worst part is none of the adults doing anything about it.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Those fine upstanding brothers and sister in the washroom were looking out for their children. After all, Jehovah says that "foolishness is tied up in the heart of a boy" and therefore loving parents should "use the rod." A wooden spoon is a good approximation of a rod. A better approximation of a rod would be a hefty 2X4, preferably with rusty nails bent out of the wood, to be sure to beat that foolishness right out of those pesky kids who can't sit still for fine spiritual food that tells them how foolish and deserving of beatings they are.

Dedalus

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There is no finer way for a young parent to demonstrate their devotion to Jehovah's Organization than to beat the living crap out of their pre-literate children while a meeting is in progress!

The howls and screams of the small child will serve to remind adults in tha audience of the loving provisions that Jehovah's Organization has made for their education and of the fate awaiting them should they fail to demonstarte an appropriate level of appreciation for such arrangements.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• Latte
    Latte

You guys make me cry all over again....

The only comfort is that they grow up...and leave. Yes, it would be great to get some child protection people at a meeting. The borg. leaders I swear - don't have kids...but dish out the 'rules'.

See also
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=2428&site=3#164827

Latte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit