Fudementalist Genesis Beliefs

by BU2B 12 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

I have always, even when mentally in been so amazed at some of the claims of Witnesses and others regarding Genesis. One of these is the thought that before the flood, animals and humans were all vegetarians. I remember asking my Dad when I was little about why Tyranasaurous Rex Teeth looked so fearsome and sharp if they were vegetarians. He actually said it could have been to crack open coconuts lol!!

Also when asked about the existence of dinosaurs at all, I have heard several times that they were here to help flatten and pound the earth and help it settle!!

When a person looks at the clear design of predatory animals such as sharks, spiders, scorpions, snakes, eagles, falcons, etc it should be clear these were designed to kill. Why does an eagle need such great vision if it was made to eat plants? Why does a cheetah need to be able to run 70mph to eat plants? Why do snakes and spiders and scorpions have venom if they eat plants? Why do sharks have endless rows of teeth? to eat seaweed? Why do spiders build webs?

How can anyone honestly look at a crocidile and think it wasnt built to kill? Im just stunned sometimes at the belief in these things that seem to defy logic, but I guess nothing should suprise me now.

• designs
    designs

'its the inerrant word of God' 'its true' ' its has Truths in it' 'its sort of true' 'they are ancient stories meant to teach us moral essons' 'its all myth'

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

design: you never responded to the other thread. and i think god created the animals because they where going to kill and eat meat. i believe in god tell the end from the start!

• designs
    designs

Which thread was that on?

• jgnat
    jgnat

The weirdness all starts from trying to apply modern principles of reason and science to this ancient text. The ancients knew it was allegory. It's only the foolishness of modern man that tries to make sense of it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

perrys we were dicussing born again ppl agreeing

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

With the greatest respect how can anyone know the scientific facts available in 2012 and say

" clear design of predatory animals"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course the ancient Hebrews didn't know a thing about dinosaurs that lived on earth well before their existence,

human ignorance is a prime factor to all ancient mystical story telling.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

A conversation with a religious fundamentalist about Genesis is so mind bending, it will lead you into a figurative ditch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww75UH2Io74

• designs
    designs

One of the surprising revelations in this past election was the number of political leaders in this Nation who are Christian Fundamentalists, their rather shocking views of science are a national embarrassment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit