Today's Watchtower Study

by Gorbatchov 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I went to the K-hall with my son. I wish i did not. This was a terrible Watchtower article. I feel they did try to breake my personality. Independence from the congregation is being loyal to Satan. I wanted to shout "f*ck *ff all" and leave the hall for the last time.

I did not. I have still headache, what a propaganda article, this religion has a bad attitude.

They said also that "elders are Jehovah's mouthpieces", the seven stars.

Gorby

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

haven't read it, and will go soon................. will comment later!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, really lame "reasoning" to justify their incessant need for blind, unthinking obedience.

Here's a lovely example from page 13:

"Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders, some individuals who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment because he does not like something about the doctor."

You might want to check out these two previous threads on the WT:

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Where in the Bible does it say "the elders are the seven stars?"

oh I forgot, even if that religion is wrong, they are right.

• designs
    designs

We, as an Elder, use to embarass the hell out of people in those committee meetings, it was shameful.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The part where it's talking about 'the spirit of the world' and the world's 'air' and how 'it is often manifested in the no-one-is-going-to-tell-me-what-to-do or the fight-for-your-rights attitude of so many people today. They constitute" the sons of disobedience" of Satan's world.' (p. 13) I guess they have forgotten all the court cases where they were not going to be told what to do and fought for their rights regarding the d2d work or peddling literature on a Sunday or saluting the flag or becoming a recognized religion, etc., etc. It was right for them as an Org. but it's wrong for the everyday JW to demand justice when s/he has been treated unfairly? Hm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit