He is the hearer of prayer..

by zeb 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• zeb
    zeb

what are my chances of getting the elders to hold regular congregation prayers for me with suspect cancer. with the view to be healed, not "made strong"

I have never heard of any prayers offered up for a sick or dying individual.

• cofty
    cofty

zeb - I am so sorry to hear about you having cancer. Has it been confirmed yet? Hopefully you are able to agree an effective treatment plan. The stage of waiting for confirmation of a diagnosis and finding out what can be done is awful.

From my own experience not having to agonise over why it happened was a big help. Shit happens. Focus on what needs to be done to beat it. I am a year on now and doing OK. Tests next week.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I can help with.

On topic - no you are right JWS don't believe in healing. In some ways that is preferable to christians who raise false hopes by praying for miracles.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Zeb-Sorry about your suspected cancer, it is very scary waiting for the test results to come in. I wish you strength to deal with this stressful time.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Can I give you a little suggestion? Please look up information on the internet about Alkaline vs Acid. Cancer is caused when a person's body becomes unbalanced, when they have too much acid in their system. If you can turn it around by looking up foods and beverages that you would consume, the cancer will go away.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Zeb,

I just came across your post.

How are you feeling?

Were you able to get your test results?

Whatever your results, I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit