How Come the Watchtower does not admit "We Don't Know Anything About Bible Prophecy" and come clean?

by PokerPlayerPhil 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

So many of us have been caught up in the negative effects this religion placed over our lives and those who we love very much. I am the first one to tell my kids "I don't know s&^^ about this or that subject", if the Watchtower is truly our brother or Spiritual Mother why don't they tell us the following questions we all have asked them?

1. We screwed up about 1914 and "life is short, go live your life to the fullest while maintaining justice and morality, don't hurt your fellow man by making his life screwed up!

2. To everyone who believed we knew Bible Prophecy, were so sorry we were just following orders like you!

3. "We don't have insight from the Holy Spirit, it's been 2,000 years since Jesus Christ as here and if we catch anything that looks like Bible worthy news we will call you!

4. Our selfish nature towards those suffering injustice is going to chance, from now on our goals will align with what charities do, they help people instead of restriction of their minds and lives!

Please tell me why they don't tell us the truth, I know each any everyone here has suffered from this evil step mother's arrogance but why can't they stop lying?

We all look forward to your thoughtful insights about a matter that's troubling so many of us survivors who refuse to allow the Watchtower to control our life any further and stand up to their deception!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Cuz that would mean them being HONEST......something watchtower is not good at.....at all.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    They are neither faithful nor discreet and they enslave OTHERS.
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

You think they know their dishonest or truly believe God is using them even though they've been foiled in doctrine for almost 150 years? How come my brother and sisters who are very smart can't see how dumb-downed this religion has become? The Watchtower actually provides atheists and anti-theists with fuel, not some apologetic resourceful insights or spiritual paradise. Those videos and stupid remarks made by the Governing Body regarding "Tight Pants" and "Education" and "Ex-Witnesses who are not controlled by their silly mind games" provide fuel^1000 power to anti-theists to mow over people following the Watchtower's terrible logic. They are the friends of darkness, add more clouds instead of providing light or some path we can walk during this Worlds occult times.

I wish they would come clean for the sack of God, tell the world "Were wrong, go on and move with your life!" but their too much like Joel Olstein who got a $7 million dollar signing deal to write a book about "Materialistic Theism" or "Richer you are, the more it shows God is Blessing you!" "Your failure to become rich is because you did not your own self apotheosis(new word I discovered, it's cool learning new material) inside yourself and amplify all those prayers God answered you!

• Ding
    Ding

1. To admit that they don't have special insight would cut at the very heart of their claim to be God's sole channel of communication and "the only organization that understands the deep things of God."

2. To admit that 1914 was nothing special would eliminate their claim that in 1918-1919 Jesus picked them to be the faithful and discreet slave.

3. To admit that they don't really know (and never did know) that Armageddon and the resurrection are near would cause baptisms, field service, meeting attendance, and donations to plummet.

• zeb
    zeb
    a complete absence of humility.
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

Ding, they could still get donations if they were honest and said "Let's all work together to seek greater understanding around us!" or is that too dangerous for a group of men who wielded semi-absolute power in the Organization and their not will to let go of the intoxication that power generates among people?

I read posts here that blow beyond what the best Watchtower writers wrote in their magazines, perhaps that's because their either dead or stopped writing for the Watchtower?

Field Service or the Preaching Work we who were aware of from the 20th Century is now dead! Preaching will be done over the Internet because people are too busy to stop and listen to the nutty JW standing at the corner with his Magazine Cart. Cart Witnesses is useless, if you were to add up the hours (real hours, not fake ones) they put in standing around doing nothing and applied it to helping the World in meaningful endeavors, their numbers would grow quicker!

Hatred among Jehovah's Witnesses is at a All-Time High as each Witness weighs the opportunity cost of engaging with his fellow Witnesses and get's afraid they might be walking in to a trap. Witnesses are not helping each other like they did when we were kids, witnesses are paranoid people want money or their time from them. Pedophiles are defended, families hate each other, what's left with the Organization other than obsolescence?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer .....

Two main reason really, to be openly honest about not knowing about the end times prophecies, the GT etc. would make them look not really selectively chosen by God (FDSL). and the fact that the WTS has exploited these End Times doctrines to help in the sales and proliferation of its own own printed publications.

There has always been a publishing house operating at the core of this religious organization and most of its doctrines were devised to appeal and attract attention to the literature the Watchtower Corporation produced..

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Funny to see this post. I just spent my day off walking around all the buildings in Brooklyn Heights I worked on thinking the same thing. As I looked up at the huge blue .ORG sign hanging top of the Squib building. I recalled just a few years ago when the GB said not to use a computer print out of scriptures during meetings. God must have changed his mind and bought stock in Apple.

Or remember when social media was warned to be evil. I just looked at all the .ORG Facebook pages.

Maybe God or the treasury department of the society invested in their IPO.

I do hope at least some who are still in will start looking at all the changes in the past 5 years and see that this religion is run by men, fairly well organized men, and not God. As old WT leaders die off and are replaced with younger computer smart kids, new rules come into play. Just like any other corperation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Whats the point of creating a Watchtower when there is nothing to see ?

The Watchtower Corporation was founded on a premise that it could see things that no one else could

and it exploited the established belief in the bible to draw support toward those self created doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit