whatever happened to patience?

by mikes 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mikes
    mikes

Anybody catch this gem in the latest Awake?

irony

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

The WT writer must have just finished reading one of tempelijah's, Larsinger's, or Shelby's posts...

• AGuest
    AGuest

And here, I thought the OP was talking about one o' them ladies the Salem townfolk burned... with all of the other "witches".

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, thinking, surely, there are more than three posters on this board who are verbose... indeed, at least another 4-5 come time mind...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Oh, me, I'm just waiting for someone to complain when I really get going!

Er...come to think of it....one or two...usually the same old one or two...do!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

People don't want to wait minutes or hours for response to emails. This is a tragedy.

Worse was when people no longer wanted to wait days or weeks for snail mail.

Don't get me started on how things deteriorated when people lost patience with the foot messenger.

Hell, even with unlimited long distance available, you'll find that people have even lost patience with the time it takes for a breath to form a word.

I gotta go yell at my microwave. It's taking FOR-EVER!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think the writer is mad because nobody wants to read thier shitty articles and they are probably old and grumpy.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

They don't like to read lengthy text on PRINTED pages? Maybe this is their less than subtle way to drive JWs to their website instead of the mags. It's cheaper!

• whathappened
    whathappened

They have run out of new sh*t to say and are now just filling the pages of the magazines with pure dribble.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

There is a very clear indication that the days of the WT bible & tract publishing societea are numbered nobody really wants to read thier long drawn out theocratic garbage and beside they can just down load it onto thier PC or what ever and save paper and reduce cost. The Society has a bunch of high cost printing presses that are becoming next to worthless.

They will have to resort more and more to begging for money from thier mostly poor uneducated base of indoctrinated. Not a very good marketing plan for survival. No mater what they say about number of pubs and increases in thier ranks they are in a decline that will never turn around, bad business decisions of the cororate CEOs(Governing Body) because they are too old and too set in thier ways and delusions to make good finacial business decisions.

• steve2
    steve2

Some writers follow the principle of needing to express each separate thought in ten sentences when they could express that thought in a well-crafted single sentence. Persons expounding on religious texts are simply the worst offenders. They assume length equals profundity. Utter rubbish!

One of the core rules of journalism is 'reduce, reduce, reduce the length of your sentences.

It's a rare skill to write succinctly and clearly. Religious writers could increase the size of their readership if they followed that simple rule.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit