Regarding the 800-Why-1914 helpline

by coffee_black 13 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The Help-line is no longer operating. Marilyn is not well, and her voice is failing. It has been hard for her to keep up with the help-line. She can still be reached by phone, however on her own phone. If you would like to contact her, please pm me, and I will give you her phone number.

I spoke with her this evening, and she asked that I pass this information along.

She has helped so many in the years she has manned the helpline. Please pray or send positive thoughts. Letting go of the help-line is hard for her, but her health demands it.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Bumping

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sorry to hear this, sending positive thoughts her way.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes she has helped so many,,,, felt prayers for them both

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you for the update and information, dear CB (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear sister!). Please give regards to dear Marilyn!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

A job well done from a loving, classy lady. God's blessings on you for your advancement of Kingdom interests.

We love ya, and George too.

Outaservice

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Bumping one more time for anyone who hasn't seen this. The 899-why-1914 helpline started in the 80s by BRCI as a way to help anyone with questions or in need of help in relation to the jws. Marilyn is a counselor, and helped many on ther journey.

It existed long before the internet. It's an end of an era.

Coffee

• mouthy
    mouthy

BTTP

• moshe
    moshe

The helpline brings back memories- Back in the day I had a stencil made up and in my travels I made it a point to stop at any KH I saw and spray paint that 800# where a JW on the way to and from a KH couldn't miss it-

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

awww i never even knew about the#. thats a shame, i hope she feels better.

i hope someone out there can carry on the legacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit