Besse Cooper, world's oldest person, dies at 116

by 00DAD 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Besse Cooper , the oldest verified living person, died yesterday at 116 years old.

You can read the Yahoo news story.

Besse

As a problem for WT "Theology", there are currently only about 70 supercentenarians, that is people still alive over the age of 110.

There are now only six people still alive that are 113 years old or older. It won't be long before they'll all be gone.

Evidently, this is what prompted their change to an "Overlapping Generation" as the explanation for what Jesus meant.

• james_woods
    james_woods

There are now only six people still alive that are 113 years old or older. It won't be long before they'll all be gone.
    Evidently, this is what prompted their change to an "Overlapping Generation" as the explanation for what Jesus meant.

And even more difficulty - I will lay you odds that NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM is a JW...who was an adult Russellite in 1914...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

She gave it one helluva run.

RIP

• 00DAD
    00DAD

James Woods: And even more difficulty - I will lay you odds that NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM is a JW...who was an adult Russellite in 1914...

The current oldest living person is Dina Manfredini, born April 4th, 1897.

She would have been 17 in 1897, technically not an adult.

Don't know her religion.

But even if all six people that are over 113 are/were Russellites or JWs (which they clearly are NOT), it would be at least 1,999,995 short of the "millions now living that will never die."

00DAD

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I would have loved to have talked to her before she died! Imagine the stories she could tell, and the history that her eyes personally experienced! She was born in the 1800's! She lived in three different centuries-the 19th century, the 20th century, and the 21st century!!! She was an adult when WWI started and was already middle aged when WWII started! She was alive when household Electricity, the lightbulb, the Phonograph, and the Automobile were just being invented! She was a teenager when the Wright Brothers made their first flight! I could go on and on... What an incredible Lady!

I wish the dear Lady a good rest!

• james_woods
    james_woods

You meant 17 in 1914, right 00DAD?

But EXACTLY RIGHT - this prophecy was obviously busted decades ago and their overlapping generation crap just made it more ridiculous.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Generation ! Now there’s a word that WT would rather not hear, comment on or discuss and maybe would love to see removed not only from the English language, but from all languages worldwide.

• Pterist
    Pterist

This generation will "BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY"" ....in Jesus's time to 70 AD, . ANY Besse, would have been around 50 and ALIVE ....

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes, James I meant 1914. Good catch.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hummm brings new meaning to middle aged.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit