Are irregular publishers included in the congregation average?

by hoser 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Oh most definitely - although you can still be considered "spiritually weak" without being "irregular".

There are dozens of terms used to define the "spiritual state" of JWs.

• blondie
    blondie

By WTS official definition, "irregular" means a publisher has missed reporting time one month. I remember one elder telling me that if you did not turn in time (witness about Jehovah) you were not one of Jehovah's witnesses. jws love judging each other; if you are in an organization that presents perfect goals to imperfect people, they deal with the tension by pointing the finger at someone else.

irregular publisher
    Any {publisher} who has not reported preaching activity during one to five of the past six months. (Compare {active publisher}, {inactive publisher}.)
    http://jehovah.to/glos/=I.html
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

What Blondie said is true, however my comments on turning in time just when CO visits is often the reality of the situation. The elders almost never label someone as irregular until the CO sends them out on a time hunt while he is there. What usually happens is those publishers will all of a sudden come up with some time to report.. lol its laughable really. Such a stupid system they have for reporting our time (spirituality). Like I said, pathetic.

• tornapart
    tornapart

My hubby is secretary. Someone is irregular if they miss reporting for a month, inactive if they miss reporting for six months. Yes, irregular publishers are calculated in the cong. average. Chronically sick and elderly publishers can report increments of one hour and still be classed as regular. The report is now sent in well after the 6th now although this is not known by the publishers. It's supposed to be kept quiet. I'm not supposed to know...

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

"Someone is irregular if they miss reporting for a month"

Again true, however the CO will often send the group overseers of these individuals out to "make sure" that they didn't have any time to report. In fact he will say... "I am sure they may have talked to someone. Just ask to be sure" I am comparing procedure to what actually happens. I am sure your husband dutifully notes down who is irr and who is inact. like I used to when I was secretary eon's ago but the corporate inspectors send the elders out to make sure again anyway. So dumb!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The whole concept of tracking individual time on "publishers record cards" is unscriptural.

I understand the whole "...need to be organized, encouraging to hear the progress from distant fields, etc.." but they can still do all that with the publishers handing in reports anonymously. The secretary hands in totals anyway not individual reports. Lets be honest, isn't the purpose of handing in reports really for the elders and CO's to look at and base your spirituality on.

How many times in elders meetings I have heard discussions about brothers and inevitably one of the elders says "what has his activity been like lately" How unchristian to base someone's value soley on participation in a man made organizations interpretation of how Jesus' ministry should be carried out.

...how pathetic really.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Lying on a field service report is stupid. Do you think you're fooling Jehovah? Think again. Think Ananias and Sapphira. (Acts 5:1-10)

I used to reason that way too ... then I realized the reports were to please commandments of men from an apostate religion, theocratic warfare strategy then allowed my conscience to turn in a false report ... once I stopped turning in a report and made it into inactive status, it seemed the elders didn't care much anymore ... partial freedom. :)

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Don't turn in your time, it's the best way to get your group-elder call and check up on you. Time is everything!

• trillaz
    trillaz

Time shmime. Those irregulars are bad for the congregation. Maybe instead of forcing ones to tun in anything, no one but pioneers should turn in Time, and everyone else become inactive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit