Unlocking Phobia's in JW's - Steve Hassan's " Freedom of Mind " book

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thanks Flipper for writing about Steven Hassan's latest book. Hopefully it will help JWs (and exJWs) from continueing to be victimized by their Watchtower induced phobias. Have you thought about starting another thread of listing Watchtower induced phobias?

Why do people refer to the Watchtower as a religion? Does referring to the Watchtower as a religion perpetuate its phobias over JWs and former JWs? It is a dangerous organization or high-control group that prints and distributes propaganda and is a real estate holding corporation.

Definition of propaganda from Wikipedia: is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes.

Can anyone prove that the Watchtower presents multiple perspectives of an issue or encourages JWs to do independent research of Watchtower doctrine?

Steve Hassan's books helped me to reaffirm my feelings that the Watchtower was something much worse than a whacky religion, and allows me to present simple and sustinct reasons to justify my beliefs to others.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good of you to bring this to people's attention Flipper

If there's one particular religion where there is a preponderance of fear induced phobias, the JWS could easy be it.

The constant drumming of Armageddon coming soon highlights this actualization.

As well so many other things thats been pointed out as evil, the UN, other religions, governments, Colleges and Universities,

social and community activities.

Even family members who are not active JWS, the list is a long one.

What gets placed into JW minds is that there is so much evil ala Satan and wicked evil forces out and surrounding JWS is quite overwhelming.

The phrase fear mongering gets used in describing religious teachings such what comes out the WTS./JWS

but realistically shouldn't be all surpassing since this religion is driven at its core by a publishing house.

• flipper
    flipper

ABIBLE STUDENT- Thanks, your welcome. I think it's important to make people aware of how dangerous mind control is in cults. I agree with you that the WT Society and Jehovah's Witnesses aren't really a religion but a magazine printing, real estate holding high control cult organization masquerading as a religion. And definitely true that the WT Society tries to promote it's own propaganda without allowing Witnesses access to alternative views. I agree with you that the JW's are worse than a wacky religion- they're a dangerous cult. I'll have to start a thread soon on WT Phobias like you say. Perhaps you could start one as well !

FINKELSTEIN- Thanks. Like you say WT Society is very adept at producing fear inspiring phobias into JW's with Armageddon, fear of college, other religions, governments, UN...... etc. If WT leaders can keep Witnesses in fear they can control them more successfully and dupe them with deceptive and manipulative tactics. Which they continue to do year after year . I feel it's our responsibility here on this board to assist exiting JW's to be aware of the dangers of mind control

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I feel it's our responsibility here on this board to assist exiting JW's to be aware of the dangers of mind control .

Yes and its important to point out that religions who may not at first present this is or it isn't firstly acknowledged by individuals

what the religion are intently are up to and what their agenda is, which is to captivate people mentally and eventually exploit

them for their power, control, work and money.

Part of this awakening realization has to be showing the lies and corruption of these religious organizations in clear plainly to understand rational sense.

On other words presenting " The Truth " for the sake of the Truth

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Very good point you make to point out the agenda of these cults like Jehovah's Witnesses right from the get go because cults like the Witnesses DO nOT make their REAL agenda known to new converts. New converts get " love bombed " into thinking WT cult leaders have their best interests at heart- when nothing is further from the truth. As you state for WT cult leaders it's about " power, control, work & money ". I agree. Unfortunately sometimes it takes awhile for JW's to become awakened to this fact and some have to suffer real injustices by the cult in order to wake up to it finally. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We really are helping people, you me and many others here, we should pat are self on the back for this effort.

And wouldn't you know it, we are getting thanked by people on are efforts, so it is worth the while.

• flipper
    flipper

FINKELSTEIN- Very true ! It's really fulfilling seeing people regain critical thinking ability and their freedom of minds back ! Happy new year ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Drwho
    Drwho

Just bumping this now for future reference : ) I have the book and nearly finished it but this is the best bit about phobias .

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Good topic, as JWs there were a lot of different fears instilled in us from a very young age. As a kid when I lost a tooth I would always be afraid that I would accidentally drink some of my own blood.LOL As I grew up I was always afraid that someone in the hall would find out what kind of music I liked, so I always hid that from everyone. Sometimes I would be afraid that a JW would overhear me in a conversation that was not "politically neutral". Such stupid nonsense, as a JW the worst thing you can do is be a normal human being.

• flipper
    flipper

DRWHO - Thanks for bumping this thread up ! Great information about phobias indeed.

JW_ROGUE- I was raised as a JW myself and the fears instilled and put into me were great as well. I was kind of a rebel so I was going to listen to my rock music anyway- but the fear of having to live with an elder father who always judged me for my music or hair length was really a drag. After being out of the JW's for 13 years now- I've virtually eliminated most of my phobia's and fears. It hasn't been easy, it's hard work and it's always an ongoing process but I feel much more free NOW than I did 13 years ago when I exited the JW's. I clink my glass to your glass for freedom of mind. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit