1975 - A weak argument?

by Christ Alone 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Awe shucks.

I'm just in the middle of making all of the mistakes you guys have already made. You know, talking to your elder friends about things and the conversation going WAY beyond where you intended. So I am fresh in the middle of the explanation phase of this.

My new stance is just to shut up and live. I don't feel like celebrating x-mas, and my kids birthday will probably just be us. So nothing obvious for them to come doen on me with, unless I screw it up!

Which i most certainly will because I just can't seem to shut up.

Either way, I am searching for what actually works. I still have come to the conclusion it all boils down to the GB. Its the heart of everything.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    That was her PERSONAL experience. So the old line that "some people" got a little out of hand with it, rings true to her.

I invite you to speak to those who where around at the time for a much more accurate picture.....

So there was a small group of Rogue JW`s that were preaching their Own Truth,World Wide..

For Decades..

And..

They were known..

Considering the WBT$ is a high control organization..

And..

No JW does anything not WBT$ Approved..

Alot of JW`s must have been Disfellowshipped for Preaching 1975..

Also

There must be alot WBT$ Literature warning against..

Preaching 1975 as a Date for Armageddon..

None of that Ever Happened..

JW`s Parrot what ever the WBT$ Demands..

............................  mutley-ani1.gif ... OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"I would like to ask a Jehovah's Witness this: What would the Watchtower have to say for it to be a false prophecy? How could they be guilty of falsely prophecying? "

Nothing they say will EVER be viewed by the faithful as false. I have had to accept that as fact. That is why they will be terror stricken when the WTBTS goes down. It is not possible for God's channel to be wrong. The reality cannot be accepted. The more they have invested in the system the more it has to be real. After all, who would they be if everything they knew to be true was really false. Their heads would literally explode. That is why so few wake up. It's extremely painful. You must really love truth more than fantasy.

We may see something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccsNr9UJeVY

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I hope I am alive when the wt goes down. What an awesome sight! There will be a lot of jws in need...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For a "Perhaps", they sure did a lot to coerce people to sell out and pious-sneer during the period between 1967 and 1975. Ask anyone that was college age in 1969 about this. They were urged to waste their time pious-sneering. Ask anyone who was going to study to become a computer engineer in 1972 or 1973, at a time when it was big bucks. They were not going to be left alone until they agreed to give up that career and pious-sneer. Now, they are broke with no savings simply because they were robbed of a career opportunity on account of 1975.

I wonder how common "Stay Alive 'til '75" was as a mantra between 1968 and 1976.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I will add that I haven't heard a peep about December 21, 2012. Could it be that the washtowel is going for a different date? Or, could it be that December 21, 2012 is going to just be the last good chance to finish your Christmas shopping before Christmas? You don't hear much about people selling out before December 21, 2012--as you did about 1975 for several years prior.

• FrenchFreeJW
    FrenchFreeJW

Awake 22/05/69 P.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that YOU WILL NEVER GROW OLD in this present system of thing."

False prediction ? no ??

Bab understanding ?? ok. so how can the GB proclaim to be a "DISCREET slave" ?

It would have been discreet for them to be silent !

Moreover, is this what is supposed to be the "feed in proper time" ?

James 3:11 A fountain not cause the sweet and the bitter to bubble out of the same opening, does it?

So how could God use such a means to communicate with us ?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

One advantage of 1975 is you can hear a recording of Fred Franz spinning his fantasies:

http://archive.org/details/WhatIsTheSignficanceOf1975

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

A week Argument? thats exactly what the WT wants everybody to believe...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

if you are a religion leading people you dont get to hint regarding catastrophes or probable date...

they are the GB directed by God and if they have hunches... they come from God himself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit