News Follow-up on 2002 Beheading and Kidnap of Jehovah's Witnesses.

by Balaamsass 25 Replies latest social current

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Ahh I see the latest magazines show angels PROTECTING Jehovah's Witnesses in service. Guess they were at the gym when these JWs ran into trouble.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I still would rather be a JW than a Muslim. The Muslims will kill you if you try to leave your faith. A christian can become a muslim, but a muslim may not become a christian. To so would be a death sentence.

I have had friends die for not having a blood transfusion, and I know of some that had it forced on them and later it became known that they had AIDS. That is not to say that if you have a blood transfusion you will get AIDs.

The lesson to be learned here is, stay the hell out of the Muslim countries.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Update today:

Top Abu Sayyaf leader killed in clash with security forces

An unidentified government soldier was also killed during the incident

• By Gilbert P. Felongco, Correspondent
    • Published: 15:52 November 23, 2014

Manila: The palace on Sunday confirmed that another key member of the Abu Sayyaf was killed in an encounter with government forces in Sulu.

Sihata Latip, also known as Sihata Muallom Asmad, was killed when he tried to resist arrest by a joint police-military team in the village of Duyan Kaha in the town of Parang, Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr., said in an interview aired by government radio stationdzRB.

Reports said that Latip carries a P5.3-million (Dh433,414) $118,000) bounty, but government sources provided no information to that effect.

“The elimination of Latip proves the government’s determination to address and stop crimes perpetrated by lawless elements such as the Abu Sayyaf group in Sulu,” Coloma said.

An unidentified government soldier was also killed during the incident.

“The name of the soldier will be released as soon as the armed forces of the Philippines have notified his family,” Coloma said.

Latip, according to Col. Alan Arrojado, chief of Task Group Sulu, had been involved in the kidnapping of 15 workers of the Golden Harvest Plantation in Basilan as well as the abduction of sixteen members of the non-Catholic Jehovah’s Witnesses in 2002.

Arrojado said the reason for the Saturday arrest of Latip was in connection with the Golden Harvest Plantation and Jehovah’s Witnesses abduction incidents.

“Latip had been positively identified as one of the Abu Sayyaf gunmen who took part in these incidents,” Arrojado said.

Last November 14, government forces killed Abu Sayyaf Group sub-leader Hairullah Asbang and eight other rebels.

Coloma encouraged Sulo residents to continue cooperating with authorities.

“We are asking full cooperation of the people in Sulu to put an end to the senseless crimes in the province,” said Coloma.

The incident in Parang followed the November 1 attack by the Abu Sayyaf in Basilan that killed six government soldiers. Basilan is located about 100 kilometres away from Sulu.

Soldiers of the army’s 64th infantry battalion were guarding an under-construction portion of the Basilan Circumferential Road in the village of Libug in the town of Sumisip when a group of Abu Sayyaf gunmen pounced on them at around 7:30am.

The soldiers were providing security for workers trying to finish the 64-km Basilan Circumferential Road. The government road project intends to bring development to the insurgency-infested southern Philippines island.

• talesin
    talesin

This is quite the militant fringe group. Kidnappings, extortion, bombings, all in the cause of establishing an independent Muslim province - can we all say 'fanatical crazies'?

It's really disgusting that the Tower sends their slaves into these dangerous areas. I remember having missionary friends in Africa - one was in Liberia and had to flee the country in late 79 or was it early 1980? He barely got out, what with the political situation there, it was very dangerous.

Those poor people.

t

• smiddy
    smiddy

It's really disgusting that the Tower sends their slaves into these dangerous areas.

I totally agree talesin , however the WTB&TS doesn`t care about individuals , its all about giving a" witness" in the world at the expense of individuals who loyally support them , and die for them needlesly .

Then they can point to how they are the true religion because of the persecution they are getting , which only goes down with the brainwashed poor souls.

smiddy

• talesin
    talesin

That's so true, smiddy. I just think of those folks I knew, 2 came back with ruined health (malaria), 1 who will always consider Africa her home never readjusted to living back here, and the third .... I'm not sure what happened to him.

Funny story though .... he had never gotten his driver's license, having gone to Liberia before that milestone happened in his life. So I was letting him drive my car, on the highway, on a short trip. At just over 30YO, he finally had his 'beginners' license. We were going faster and faster and I looked over - the speedometer was just over 100 mph, and I said WHOA, slow down !

We had signs in kilometers per hour - 100 kph, and he thought it was 100 mph............ phew! Scared the livin' daylights out of me, coming around that well-known dangerous curve. Male drivers! smh

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit