PONDER THAT sometime in the still hours before sunrise.....

by Terry 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Power grew within the organization by opportunistic voyeurism by such individuals as J Rutherford.

Being that this guy sought himself as a man of power and judgment in personal assumed identity, this may have

helped nourish his appeal for more power and control over a broader spectrum of people, certainly more

subsequently from C T Russell.

Remember it was Rutherford that specifically said god had chosen the WTS., the intension added further viability to the WTS. pieces of

literature, as well to expand its distribution and at the same time cultivate more power toward himself.

Divine power only came from himself and no where else.

• Terry
    Terry

I see the "power" of the Watchtower religion as less persuasion and assertion and more of a surrender on the part of members.

Giving up the fight for clarity about dissonance with the history of failures (the track record of printed emergencies about Armageddon) is nothing

short of surrender.

The Watchtower takes prisoners. Everyday people who throw up their hands and walk into the Kingdom Hall to be indoctrinated deserve what they get to a certain extent.

They haven't the education to fight back during the only time they will ever get to ask pointed questions and demand answers: when being wooed.

The way the theology is structured it is little wonder that the under-educated christian or spiritually-minded householder succumbs to the seduction.

I was a dupe myself at one time!

• james_woods
    james_woods

And let us never forget that the Watchtower recruiters are VERY adept at finding people with emotional, mental, or social problems and exploiting that condition to make their prisoner-recruits.

• jay88
    jay88

Terry: The Watchtower takes prisoners. Everyday people who throw up their hands and walk into the Kingdom Hall to be indoctrinated deserve what they get to a certain extent.

This would make a bang-up bumper sticker

• Terry
    Terry

The best I've seen is the one about Jehovah's Witnesses being a non-prophet society.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

It would stand to reason that JWs have saved peoples lives by following bible principals...not because they have God's guidance coming through them.
    Anyone, or any religion that follows or teaches what we consider good moral habits may or can help you live a longer (better?) life.
    However the Jehovah Witnesses -GB - are responsible for what I would say to be millions of lives ruined, destroyed, or “lost” throughout the last 130+ years. My life and those of my family and friends being counted among them.

History shows this to be absolutely true...This can be debated all day however at the end of the day...the reality is - the truth is - More lives have been waisted then helped - WHY?
    Because there are 7+ million JWs today who have been indoctrinated to wrongly believe that they are in the only true religion that God is using to guide mankind...
    WHAT DOES THEIR HISTORY REVEIL? Here's one example of their guidance:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!

• Just because you don't like the answers doesn't make them untrue!!!

WE can never get back time...but NOW we can take control of OUR future and help others to not get caught in their trap.

SW

• Terry
    Terry

I don't know that we could accurately say that the bible teaches morality that will improve your life.

None of us could go around stealing and killing and get away with it anywhere on earth for long. It isn't a Jehovah thing or a Jesus thing. People don't accept

antisocial behavior because it breaks down the ability to trust and exchange benefits to one another.

The bible seems to reflect some awkward and antisocial behaviors that have twisted a few minds. I think we can say that.

Child sacrifice is not anything I'd call moral. Just because Jehovah did it doesn't mean we should emulate it--does it? No.

The Apostles handled poisonous snakes and cast out demons. I know some churches do that, too. Is that moral? In your opinion? Or is it just

ramped up lunacy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit