$3 Billion class action lawsuit on behalf of Jehovah’s Witnesses children

by mind blown 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I couldn't find anything on this. Has anyone else?

• Splash
    Splash

mind blown

can anyone verify this statement other then from the above link? "......undergone a major re-structuring of ‘doctrinal teachings’ and asset ownership, the net result being that the church now claims it no longer has billions of dollars in assets or ‘belongings’ but is, from a legal position, an unincorporated association with no assets whatsoever."

I guess this is a reference to the statement from the Annual Meeting:

"Jesus’ appointment of the “slave” over his “belongings,” then, must also be a future event. He will make that appointment during the great tribulation."

Splash

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I kinda think this class action lawsuit isn't going very far, unless they have more than what was posted to go on. The WT is not following a recently developed child work act that requires a person who will be working with children to be assested as a safe person(no previous history of being a convicted child molester) to work with children.

Even in the report it mentions that even the police have been slow to follow up on making sure ministers of a religion are assest before ordained and allowed to work with children in obediance to the new act to protect children.

Assesment and WWC card;

http://www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au/checkwwc/Glossary/

The five day threshold for employers/volunteer organisations/education providers does not apply to licenced child-care services (who must never engage a person in child-related work without that person first applying for a WWC Check, if they do not already have one). All other employers/volunteer organisations/education providers do not commit an offence if they engage most people for no more than five days in a calender year before that person has applied for a WWC Card. However this five defence does not apply if the employer/volunteer organisation/education provider knows that the person has been convicted of, or has a pending charge for a Class 1 or 2 offence, or has been issued with a Negative Notice, Interim Negative Notice or has withdrawn their application. For more information please read Factsheet 3: Information for Employers and Volunteer Organisations.

• frankiespeakin
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm kind of thinking $3 billion is very high when all you got is one congregations group of what could be called ministers not getting the wwc card for over 5 years.

• cognac
    cognac

Anything new on this??? The only thing I read was that there would be a private hearing in February.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Bump!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This could of course be one of the major reasons for the ORG to get money hungry all of a sudden.

• factfinder
    factfinder

This was recently brought to my attention.

Could it be the gb thinks this is a REAL threat to them? Maybe this is why they have the new donation arrangement and keep cutting the printing budget and selling off more branches?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There would be serious problems if this action were tried in the United States.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit