Have JW's ever called themselves a Church in legal issues ?

by Poztate 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

My Wife was watching the news tonight about the bus crash in Miami where a few JW's got killed.

She got all hurt and indignant when the JW's were refered to as "a church group"

WE are NOT a church...only true religion...the "truth" etc

I am sure they have called themselves a church when it fitted their needs

I just don't have proof...anyone want to help me ??

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...I am sure they have called themselves a church when it fitted their needs...?
    Poztate

In current court documents involving sexual abuse lawsuit in CA, they refer themselves as a church. I know they have done that in Australia as well. The Watchtower is very smart in playing this chameleon game. Like most of its doctrines, the Watchtower is a flipfloper in this instance.

Scott77

• smiddy
    smiddy

Possibly it`s similar to the fact that JW`s claim they don`t have a clergy class ,but when in a court of law they defer to clergy penitence to "get out of jail so to speak"

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses speak with a forcked tongue .

smiddy

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks Scott...any links to those documents?

It would be helpful

Going offline for the night now...check in AM

• Scott77
    Scott77

Our own researcher should be able to bring up this link, Do you know Blondie?

Scott77

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

"Jesus Christ set up just one church." - direct quote on the Jehovah's Witnesses web site taken from w03 9/1 p.4

See the direct link below with the words highlighted for your convenience on their official web site.

www.jw.org

JW LEAKS

• rebel8
    rebel8

In the state (NY) and federal (IRS) governments, the org registered itself as a church/religious organization. The latter normally refers to a faith-based organization dedicated to performing charitable works, such as running counseling programs or housing for the homeless...they're not that...so they're a church in the eyes of the law...and if they didn't want to be recognized as such they could have easily just not registered as one.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Here's another court document from the Menlo Park case. Church is used throughout by their lawyers, but for one example, just see the top of p.5

http://ex-jw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Court-Trial-Testimony-Redwood-City-2.pdf

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks for the imput everyone. It is really clear that they don't mind being called a church when it is to their advantage.

Jwleaks... That was a good link to the official website. Nothing better than hearing it from the horse's mouth ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit