Who is supposed to do the "Separating Work" for the new magazines?

by nochoice 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

My cong decided the pubs are to do it.

I think there was a letter from the Soc (for real!) saying the pubs should be careful not to place two at a time.

Splash

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

Our congregation has been instructed to make sure to separate them when we pick up our magazines so as not to place two at a time.

• undercover
    undercover

do you people not keep up with "noo lite"? The separating work is no longer in the hands of the earthly faithful followers of Jehovah, but has been put in the hands of Jesus, sitting as King... but this separating work has not yet begun.

So quit yer bitchin...

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    "friends...."

hahaha I hate when JWs are referred to as "The Friends". What are they, Quakers?

Anywho, I can dig it. I was a magazine servant and I can say honestly that I have never dealt with stupider, lazy and simple-minded morons than "The Friends."

Oh and they treat you like SH*T, despite the supposed framework of Christian love that is supposed to be there. Not to mention that you are VOLUNTEERING to do this work.

Towards the end, I used to just take whole boxes home with me and throw them the hell out. Fack it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Maybe, their new DVD release will be on how to separate their mags? Or, maybe will have a video on jw.org on how to do this? Or, at least a talk and demonstration on how to do this at their 'service meeting?' Afterall, this is very costly and wasteful to give 2 to anyone!

• nochoice
    nochoice

I am sure any day now the Governing Body® and its pharisaical Helpers™ will issue yet another mind numbing page and a half Letter to the Elders® describing in step by step detail how to handle this new Arrangement™ with an accompanying Announcement© to the Congregation™ to be read at the shortened Service Meeting® and then read again after the shortened Watchtower© Study, along with a postscript advising the Elders® to destroy all previous Letters to the Elders® and update the Index of Letters®© showing the new procedure will involve the Service Overseer©, and the Magazine Servant™ along with their assistants (in larger congregations) to meet on Saturday after Field Service™ to open the boxes and separate these smaller magazines tracts so that the Publishers® will more willingly offer them in the Magazine Tract work.

I LOVE the Copyrights and Trademarks and Federal Registration marks SnakesIn The Tower!

Dear Brother nochoice,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the correct theocratic procedure for dispensing the spiritual food that is published in The Watchtower and Awake magazines.

The life-giving message contained in these unique publications behooves all of us to ensure that they are dispensed effectively to the flock of God that was entrused to your care.

We suggest you may want to consider appointing a magazine separator who can assist the magazine servant in this vital task.

Beautiful blend of Legal Department and Society speak cofty. No doubt, the Elder body will be unable to get a unanimous decision without an official letter since their respective wives are the ones stirring the pot. The married elders would just want to keep the wives happy, but that goes against thier general thoughts that men shouldn't do anything menial for the sisters!

hahaha I hate when JWs are referred to as "The Friends". What are they, Quakers?

Very strict protocols in my KH Mr. Falcon. We refer to those coming up to the counter as "The Friends" since that's the most general. We don't refer to them all as "Publishers" because some may be only studying and not yet an Unbatized Publisher. Referring to everyone in the KH as a Publisher is taking away the dignity of those that really are and worked so hard! We were told that many that come to the counter are getting literature for thier own use, and so we shouldn't refer to them in our conversations as Publishers since some are not. I am very careful now when I ask for direction to use the proper terms.

E.g., "When the freinds come up to get Jeremiah books, how many can we give before we call over an Elder for permission?"

VS

"When the publishers request a territory close to where they live, should I search the maps for thier choice?"

do you people not keep up with "noo lite"? The separating work is no longer in the hands of the earthly faithful followers of Jehovah, but has been put in the hands of Jesus, sitting as King... but this separating work has not yet begun.

Undercover, you have to remember that although Matthew 25:31-33 talks about the separating work that Jesus will do, Ezekiel 9:1-11 shows that it's on the basis of people's reaction to the Kingdom message that people are being "marked" either for preservation through the great tribulation or for destruction by God. (Right out of the Reasoning Book). Most of the publishers in my KH, especially the pioneer sisters, believe that householders that say "no" to them are now marked for Jesus to destroy later!

Thanks to all for the funny comments!

I think it's a bigger issue to the friends because they just don't know how to deal with this change in thier minds. I mentioned in another post that when the reduction from two Awake and Watchtower magaines for the public per month down to one happened they got to enjoy the hype of the JW-only Study Edition addition. But now cutting the magazines in half is confusing the friends, since there's no cool additional thing just for them. They're conditioned that more stuff from The Slave is a good thing. How are they now to understand the concept of "less food" being a good thing?!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another way to waste time. I remember those wastes of paper that came as a single sheet. You picked them up, and you had to fold them in 3's yourself. That wasted quite a bit of time for the pious-sneers, who might be dealing with more than 100 of them. Hopefully, this will result in plenty of confusion, placing the wrong rag with the wrong person, double placing the same rag, and plenty of waste. And botched calls.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The Borg, back in the 70s when my dad was the lit servant, brought home a box or two of tracts. They needed a stamp on the back cover with the KH contact info before handing out to the publishers. He paid my brother and I (we were probably about 7-10 years old) to do it.

so this has been going on for years.

about 10 years ago I think, when this personalized tract thing started up again, I figured out how to print the info directly on the tracts by feeding them in the printer. I probably lost 20% of them to printer jams. I also toasted a whole toner cartridge. Unfortunately, it was my printer and toner, and worst of all, my time.

The next campaign I printed out 1,000 labels separated the tracts, and put the labels on the tracts myself.

The next campaign I printed out the labels but separated the tracts and gave them to the publishers with the labels to put on.

The last time I was involved I just gave them bundles of tracts and thought "f*ck it"

The next campaign.... oh wait... I left the borg for good summer of 2007.

Ironically, I think I still have a partial box of address labels left from that nonsense.

Snakes (Rich )

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

uugh, I hated those invitation campaigns. Took forever to print those thing off, and if a couple didn't look right, someone in the hall would come up to you and just HAVE to point out that a couple were backwards or didn't print quite straight. "You should be more careful, you are wasting Jehovah's resource's!" Then do it yourself!

• tornapart
    tornapart

Mr Falcon... 'Friends' is actually an 'americanism'... we don't use it over here in the UK

Perhaps the little children could do the job of 'separating'... start them off young.. give them responsibility instead of running round the KH after the meeting... make them feel useful...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit