Scary TV show elevator ride in Brazil!

by moshe 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• moshe
    moshe

They sure know how to do weird entertainment in that country!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7N5OhNplEd4

• moshe
    moshe

ABC News-
    by CONNIE PRETI
    Nov. 27, 2012

Brazilian variety show Programa Silvio Santos aired a 'pegadinha' - prank in Portuguese - on Sunday that's gone viral all over the world, despite the language difference.

But then you don't need to understand Portuguese to follow what's happening in this ultra-freaky video. In it, a person walks into an elevator. Suddenly, the elevator stops, the lights go off and, unbeknownst to the passenger, a ghostly girl crawls in via a side panel. When the lights come back on, she usually screams, sometimes the passenger screams, and let's just say a few emotional scars are created in the process.

Silvio Santos is the TV host of the show that aired the prank and owner of SBT , the channel that airs the show.

The prank itself is very similar to one that was done by Just For Laughs in June. The resemblance should come as no surprise for those who have followed SBT's trajectory. Santos is a fan of producing his own version of popular shows like The Biggest Loser and Wheel of Fortune for his channel.

So, yes, having a little girl that looks like a character out of The Ring scare people may not be the most original idea. That said, after watching the video, don't be surprised if you feel the need to do a quick sweep of the side panels in the next elevator you ride.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I saw that yesterday. That is one hardcore prank show.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I saw that too - pretty funny but I'm sure it would be enough to give some people a heart attack !

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• Knowsnothing
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

AND if someone was to have a heart attack and die ?

Not so funny.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The level of ingnorance and superstition must contribute to this prank's effectiveness. Another Catholic country providing easy prey? Just asking. I would simlpy be startled and then ask, "what are you doing here?"

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That reminds me of the mutant rat boy prank I felt sorry for that guy he was absolutely freaked.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The funniest prank i saw, was where an oriental guy kicked the pranker in the crotch. That took it to another level.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit