I really thought i was going to live forever

by Aussie Oz 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Random discussion today ended up in my wife mentioning when she saw halley's comet (1986?) and all of a sudden i had a total recall moment!

When it came by, rather than make the effort to watch it, i flippantly said "nah, i'll see it next time!"

bloody religion! Made me miss a once in a lifetime event!

I have to actually make 100 if i am to see it 'next time'

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I hear ya, Aussie.

I remember going out to look at Halley's Comet. It wasn't much, just an extra bright star.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Today will never come around again - make it count.

Would you have seen it next time round if the water canopy that was used for the 'flood' was re-instated? (sarcasm)

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Screw Halley's Comet, I took wayyy to long to get to University and never had a normal young persons experience and never started a family at a normal age, all because I thought it didn't matter, because I thought the end was near and I had the rest of eternity to be happy.

I hate the goddam youth-stealing, soul-sucking, manipulating, brain-washing organisation and its shameless, self-serving claims that the end is near and you will soon be living forever in paradise on earth.

Pied piper soul-stealers, that's what the GB are.

• irondork
    irondork

When the reality of "I will die some day" started settling in, I had some pretty awful dreams about it. Fear, anxiety, sense of doom... very childlike responses to the concept of death - responses that should have matured and leveled out as I grew older but were stunted by the scriptural hope I was taught.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I made sure I saw Halley's. God was never gonna let me into Paradise.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It's only the good die young Aussie, you'll see Halley's next time round, you wicked bugger.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm with you cobber.

I've wasted 50 years of my life on an utter dog sh1t of a cult.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

An ant thinks humans live forever. Question of perspective.

pc

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

that is one thing that is hitting me. i never thought i would see my parents die. now i know i will and it is that thought that terrifies and angers me. the cult stole 40 yrs of my life. fortunately i am happier than i have ever been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit