Annual Meeting Report 2012

by Borges 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Borges
    Borges

Before going to work, I just checked on jw.org if the annual meeting report with the "new light" now is published in other languages too. Nothing, only on the english site. Not even in spanish. So all spanish speaking witnesses in the USA must feel kind of excluded, besides all other jw that don't speak english all over the world.

I've expected at least in the main languages they would put something on their site.

So the brothers here in germany have to read apostate sites like these: http://www.sektenausstieg.net/read/11659 to learn what they currently believe.

Great!

PS: Sorry, don't know how to make the link clickable.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Other languages may feel left out to know that there are now official English notes on the Annual Meeting.

But are they expecting to?

In past times, the only notes that came out of one were the unofficial written down notes from someone you knew who was there, or a friend of a friend of a friend.

• sir82
    sir82

It does seem odd - you'd think that such "thrilling news" would merit top priority on the translation teams.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

still how many english jdubs still dont know the bright dimming light?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought I saw another thread announcing the new light

• Borges
    Borges

wha happened? - The "new light" is not that new anymore and the report about the annual meeting on jw.org is up since a few weeks already.

I just wanted to mention, that you still will find the report only on the english site. Obvisiouly the change is not important enough, to let all the witnesses know about as soon as possible.

Two-class "food at the proper time"

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

talked to a friend briefly about this before the mtg a while ago... she said "isnt it great?!" i said "why?" and got a blank look. Then the brother on the platform anounced the song.... must ask her what she think is soo great about it....

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

whoops, sorry thought this was about the content of the annual meeting report not the language...... maybe someone here can translate for you?

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

So the brothers here in germany have to read apostate sites like these: http://www.sektenausstieg.net/read/11659 to learn what they currently believe.

LOL!!

Well im sure it will come out in the WT study.... in due time....

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Since nothing the GB says has any relation to reality, it doesn't matter whether it is translated or not. Maybe the GB sense this, that they are just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic, and aren't in any hurry to spread the news far and wide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit