Trial Starts For Murdered 30M Lottery Winner in Florida

by Scott77 10 Replies latest members politics

• Scott77
    Scott77

Shakespeare's sister, Florestine Powell, said the trial doesn't ease the pain of their family's loss."Is that enough? Not really. She can't bring Abraham back," said Powell.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-26797925/lotto-winner-murder-trial-evidence-against-dee-dee-moore-31215911.html

Here is a summary of the account as reported in the media. In 2006, Abraham Shakespeare, an African America immigrant with Caribbean origin won a lottery prize of 30 million dollars. Shortly thereafter, the 40-year-old Dorice “Dee Dee” Moore who is white, befriended Shakespeare, swindled him out of money and then killed him. His body was found under a concrete slab behind a home detectives say was owned by Moore's ex-boyfriend in Hillsborough County, Florida On Monday, a pool of 100 prospective jurors was screened and trial is underway soon.

My question is: What do you think about this trial? Will Moor get a fair hearing? What other issues might becloud juror’s decisions in this landmark case? If Shakespeare was a Jehovah’s Witness, would the society might have helped his legal team?

Scott77

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

More drama on this story is sickening and shocking as well. Does anyone live closer to the area in question? See this below

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/doris-dee-dee-moore-trial-abraham-shakespeare-lottery-winner_n_2207372.html

Scott77

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

How horrendous.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There are ways you can get the winnings anonymously through a laywer. If I won, I think thats what I would do because you can't trust anybody.

• Scott77
    Scott77

There are ways you can get the winnings anonymously through a laywer. If I won, I think thats what I would do because you can't trust anybody.
    MrFreeze

This is exactly what I would have done but I think, some states demands that the winner is made public. I cannot recall where I read that. A good question is: Can you trust a lawyer?

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

And now the media headline reads,

More courtroom drama in Dee Dee Moore lottery winner murder trial

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/284733/8/More-courtroom-drama-in-Dee-Dee-Moore-trial

I do not know if some of our apostate folks in Florida are watching this dramatic event. I had like to know local mood in the area and what the community is reacting to this unfortunate event.

Scott77

• sir82
    sir82

If Shakespeare was a Jehovah’s Witness, would the society might have helped his legal team?

WTF does that have to do with anything?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Regardless of your spiritual standing with the local congregation, If you are someone with over a million dollars and a JW, you are a valuable asset to the Watchtower. Got it?

Scott77

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I really don't see this as a case of 'black vs white' - I see it as the sickening behavior of an opportunist and heaven knows society is awash with them. sammieswife

• Scott77
    Scott77

I really don't see this as a case of 'black vs white' - I see it as the sickening behavior of an opportunist and heaven knows society is awash with them. sammieswife
    sammielee24

Yep, I agree on that. I apologize for mentioning black and white issue in the OP. I think, I could have stated better way. I wanted to emphasize the point whether Dee dee could get a fair trial if all those juries selected are peers of the victim. I do not know what would be the outcome if this is the case. Even then, if all juries are the peer of the murderer, still a fair trial issue might come up.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit