Past the point of no return...

by metaspy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

Past the point of no return, the final threshold
    The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn
    I've passed the point of no return

It has been 5 years since the last JW meeting I attended.
    Today I wrote my DA letter.
    Originally, I wanted to write out a long letter detailing why I left. But then I thought about it and realized I did not want to give them anything to work with. I don't want the Borg to know what to say to keep others chained in their grasp.
    So the letter is simply this:

Dear Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses,
    I, Chad Goodwin, was baptized on June 15, 1996 in Portland, Maine. I renounce this baptism. I also renounce any authority you have over me. Please remove me from your rosters. I wish no longer to be associated with your mind control cult.

Another chapter of life concludes

Read more: PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - PAST THE POINT OF NO RETURN LYRICS Past the point of no return, the final threshold The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn We've passed the point of no return Read more: PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - PAST THE POINT OF NO RETURN LYRICS

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Maine? There are way too many r's in that letter to be from a Mainer.

Kidding! Good for you...

• metaspy
    metaspy

what is typed is not how it is pronounced... ;)

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I think that is perfect! Mine was much the same, very short and to the point. Godd for you, and congratulations on taking the final step!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Hope I get to write one of those some day

• metaspy
    metaspy

What is stopping you Idrnomo?

• Tater-T
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Short and sweet.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Congratulations!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!

Like yours, mine was also very short.

Why waste any more time on them - the elders, I mean. As 'company' men, they're probably too mentally 'enmeshed' with the Watchtower Society for a detailed letter to do any good.

On the other hand, I would like to suggest to anyone considering writing THEIR "DA" letter, that you would ALSO work up a pre-disassociation letter that details exactly WHY you are leaving

Be sure to mail it AT LEAST TWO DAYS before you mail out your DA letter - and send the pre-DA letter to EVERYONE ELSE in the congregation except the elders...

That way, when they make the announcement at the meeting, the rank&file can compare what is said about you with the REAL reasons you're leaving...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit