Adam is Israel

by Christ Alone 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

'Where is the center of the world? Where every human being stands- there is the center of the world' Rabbinic Sages

The Jewish Midrash makes the philosophical point that the whole universe is mirrored in each individual.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

This was very interesting. I suppose many try to resolve issues for the Bible and some do better than others.

For instance, the YECs who think the six days of creation were liter 24-hour days rather than days of 7000 years each like JWs do (and myself). It makes a difference. Or determining precisely when the Exodus occurred based on archaeology, which would point to Amenhotep III and then looking closely at that period for evidence of the Exodus. In this case, we see a shift in religious focus from the polytheism to monotheism. Yahweh is a monotheistic God. So some would say this is evidence of the 10 plagues, etc.

It's a big mess! I don't think any but a few will get the Biblical edge on all this. JWs do well on defending the Bible, for sure.

What is saving is the reality of the spiritual world, which some of us "anointed" enjoy. So while all the secular questions remain, the spiritual ones are resolved for us. We know God is alive and real and the God of the bible. We have direct evidence via holy spirit. So amy issues and questions troubling others don't bother us. We don't need those answers in order to question belief in God, but they do, unfortunately. So we have it better. We have been given a wonderful gift.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit