Baptizing toddlers while critical of infant baptism

by FatFreek 2005 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

FatFreek: Hey Splash (no pun intended, I'm sure ).

Erm, actually the pun IS intended!

Splash!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Good find, BluesBro. Excellent to have a recent example to show they're not letting up on naiveté recruitment.

And thanks for your cartoon complement.

And Splash -- good for you on your choice of online handle.

Len

• Splash
    Splash

Thought it was fitting seeing as I've baptised half the circuit over the past couple of decades. My team will be doing some more in the new year.

Hope this doesn't make me JWN public enemy number one!

Splash.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Ha! To the contrary, that makes you hero number one here. I'm sure you have quite the story to tell as you had elder responsibilities -- and probably more. I'd probably better check your earlier posts for that.

I've been out since '77 and resigned as elder.

Len

ps: " My team will be doing some more in the new year." Whaaaaa .... what's that all about?

• Splash
    Splash

I'm still in and active.

Regular on the platform, occasional items at CA / SAD.

Still dunking tho its more behind the scenes than in the water these days.

Splash

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, crud... Splash, don't let Moshe and the "Jeheshua" squad know that you're still active!! They carry PITCHFORKS!!!

• Splash
    Splash

Yeah, I've seen them tear into ElderElite.

If I can deal with the Soc, I'm sure I can deal with some posters opinions.

Besides, if someone wants to get baptised they will. Nothing I can do about it.

By being 'in' and respected I have much greater opportunities to spot and help certain ones. Successful battles are fought on many fronts.

Splash.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Your a hypocrite. Plain and simple. You have no place on this board!!! I have a vision and after the angles washed my feet and stared at me adoringly they told me so! Bastard.

• Splash
    Splash

I hope to share your pain

• elderelite
    elderelite

Fatfreek, i hate to take exception but really the tittle of thread is every bit as misleading as the nonsense the wt org writes when it misrepresents other peoples religious views. I hate it when i have to do what feels like arguing for the org but its important to be factual when refuting and calling attetion to the legitimate flaws in this cult.

Toddlers are not baptised. Thats a rather sensational misrepresentation. A toddler, according to the pediatric journel of medicine, is a child age 12 - 36 months. Thats no older than 3.

The exageration that babies arnt baptised but toddlers are take a very valid point and makes it subject to mockery.

It would be far more effective and totally accurate to say that children are allowed to be baptised despite the org calling it a comitment more important than marriage. Its reasonable to then ask why dubbie's dont let 7 or 8 year olds get married. After all they say baptisum more important than marriage and more serious.... Thats a good line of logic and cant be called sensational or refuted with facts.

Saying toddlers are immersed is easily refuted and therefore dimissed as typical apostate lies, which it turns out, it is... And allows someone seeking real facts and alternative POV's to be turned off and run away scared. Facts domt need to be exagerated or distorted. The org is full of crap and its easily showN without gross exagerationslike this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit