more wifey issues. she seen my phone and this web site was op

by unstopableravens 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Listen to finally awake. I'm in a similar position where I just have to wait for the seeds to grow. We are still married and have a great relationship as long as she doesn't let the bOrg raise it's ugly head.

patience is a virtue.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thanks black sheep, i get what ur saying. f awake ,thanks also,wifey loves being active,street work door to door thou she only gives out mags,not much of a talker.(in service).

• sd-7
    sd-7
    sd 7 : bro i 1000 percent agree i hate the idea of not keeping my family together. and i understand not talking doctrine ,but what should i do when she brings it up?

Be careful to defend and not attack. Don't say one word that you can't back up with some tangible proof. Even the slightest misstatement will undo any attempt at defense.

If you have to respond, you may have to evade if you can do so honestly. What kind of stuff is she saying, may I ask?

--sd-7

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sd-7 : most of the time "when we got married we both had the same goals" (which i understand her feelings i have been very compassinate the her) or "just go to a baptist church" or "jehovah does not want you anyway" depends what mood but most of the time something about the org and trusting the org even thou she cant refute what im saying.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    "when we got married we both had the same goals"

That's a tough one to hear. But we need more than goals in life, we need to know that we're pursuing the right goals for the right reasons and that those goals and those reasons both agree with our own conscience. Sometimes you learn something new that makes you reconsider how you're pursuing your goals altogether. Maybe your goals didn't fundamentally change, they just don't involve the same exact set of beliefs they did before.

"just go to a baptist church"

If I decide to do so, I leave the judging of such a decision in the hands of the one to whom judging has been entrusted, Jesus Christ. Or [sarcasm]: Are you telling me to go to a false religious building? How encouraging! <--That one'll get ya in trouble...

"jehovah does not want you anyway"

John chapter 9--Jesus found the blind man after he'd been thrown out of the synagogue. It was men who decided they didn't want him, but Jesus had other plans. That said, I'll leave it to Jesus to decide who he wants, as no human can speak for him. [Sarcasm: Certainly not you.]

Or [sarcasm again]: Are you just projecting your feelings onto Jehovah? How dangerous it can be to fall prey to presumptuous thinking! Developing the quality of modesty will help us be aware that our feelings are often not in line with Jehovah's.

Gee, I'm really not helping, am I? I've had some pretty bad sarcastic moments with my wife...never a good idea. It's a tough process, truly. The only thing that'll really make a difference is time and just doing your best to be a good husband and dad. Those things count in themselves for quite a lot. At least if you're doing that, you can feel good about yourself.

--sd-7

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

your repsonse are pretty close to mine! she has selective hearing and understand. i told her i want to go to a church either a good baptist or a good non denominational, but salvation is only in jesus not in religion. i talk god with her not religion, and all ahe can say is stuff about how i think baptist are the truth,and thats not what i said,she knows that .she can drive me crazy when she hears what she wants and not what im saying!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

loading i never want to go to any meeting of jws boring hearing 1hr about an org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit