• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Very nice..!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So True

• baltar447
    baltar447

Loved the reference to Christian Mingle LOL! I used this on a friend of mine when he felt like J was telling him to get with this women. "I'm glad gawd takes time out of his busy schedule of starving children to fix up your love life!"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It gets you to see things differently, awakeing up to being honest with ourselves about suffering, not as a molding agent of some almighty God for some kind of loving good benifit to the soul.

What ever caused this life to be, can not be described or attributed purpose, this would be a claim to know its mind, which I am not saying is impossible, it is just not verifiable, as in saying one has touched that something/nothing and its purpose for all this was revealed to them. If it was revealed I would highly think that it would be unintelligible to us and that words would not be able to express it. Or it may be as simple as De Teilhard Chardin Omega Point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Point

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

OMG!!

I posted a thread almost ten years ago citing the absurd infant mortality in the US - the most wealthy country in the west.

I was screamed down as anti American. A "put downer of American values". All I wanted to emphasise was the need to DO SOMETHING about it.

HB

• voltaire2
    voltaire2

Sadly, the high infant mortality rate won't likely be affected by any healthcare initiative. See the reason.com article at the link below to see how Americans' lifestyle choices lead to dangerously low birthweights. Unfortunately, even the most advanced medical technology, such as we have in this country, isn't able to save a large percentage of such infants. One quote from the article...

In a 2007 study for the National Bureau of Economic Research, economists June O'Neill and Dave O'Neill noted that "a multitude of behaviors unrelated to the health care system such as substance abuse, smoking and obesity" are connected "to the low birth weight and preterm births that underlie the infant death syndrome."

http://reason.com/archives/2009/08/24/the-truth-about-health-care-an

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit