wow

by Theredeemer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

it has been a long time since i have posted here, so, here it goes. I have been back and forth for the last two years on whether or not to stay in this religion or not. Most of me wanted to stay for the same as many others, fear. Fear of losing thier friends. Fear of losing my loved ones. I recently married someone who was in as well. She was going through her own doubts, albeit, not as "developed" as mine. I decided, to give it one last shot partly for her and partly for my own undecisiveness on the matter. Well due to many recent developments and soul searching Imglad to say we are no longer just doubting. We wanted to fade away but it seems as though that will not happen. Its truly sad the things we all here must go through. We can never truly leave this all behind can we? i guess thats why this site even exists, to "vent" our frustration and to constantly "prove" why this religion is so wrong. In the few MINUTES that the news was leaked, we have already have been judged and even our mental state has been questioned. At least though ihave my wife abd we are there for each other. Im so sorry for those of you like punk of nice and others who cant. Stay strong and please know that you are all admired for standing up for what you believe in. Sounds trite and cliche but its true.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i feel u bro! its like a tug of war with ur life. if you and wifey are on the same page take happyness in that .i know the heartache of being on a different page from my wife.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I am so glad to hear of another couple making it out together. Hang in there it gets better.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

thanks raven! Hopefully in time the borgs actions will finally catch up to them. Its really just a matter of time and patience

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

A high five for you and your dear wife from me and my dear wife :-)

• sabastious
  • Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

I am so glad to see more finding their way to mental and spiritual freedom. Theredeemer and wife, try not to put too much into to justifying yourself to the elders. It is a tiring effort and in the end wasted. Just get out as smoothly as you can.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Theredeemer,

You, too, are admired for standing up for what you believe in. Posting here is a definite stand.

My husband and I left together. We left mentally long before we were able to leave physically. We had children and grandchildren in the cult when we began to wake up. We moved 1000 miles away to start a new life free of the cult. O, and did I mention we were in our late fifties so transitioning to a whole new way of life was difficult.

I don't know your circumstances but I hope you are young enough not to have given the majority of your life to a publishing company. I know it's daunting having to make new friends and learning to think for yourself. Keep posting. Someone here has been through every aspect that you will experience. You have help.

Reopened Mind

• tiki
    tiki

good for you!!! enjoy life and freedom and a happy marriage!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WHERE ELSE could you find anyone (not to mention everyone) that would read that story and totally understand it all???

"Worldly" folks just have NO IDEA about it. As hard as they may try to understand, if you share your dilema with them, they just CANNOT get it.

You must have personally lived it.

We have, and thus, Redeemer, we empathize with what you're going through!

Do what's best for you and your wife. You'll always find support here.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit