Cover article about Jehovah's Witnesses (portuguese magazine)

by TJ Curioso 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Wow. That's a small group with some power and presence. Well done.

LOL I love the website - opens with the Portuguese version of TTATT - I guess it would be "AVSAV"

• smiddy
    smiddy

Every bit counts

• cedars
    cedars

Great exposure. I'm thrilled about this. Excellent work.

Cedars

• LV101
    LV101

Commendable! Inspires me to attend ex-witness meetings in my city.

Love Portugal, btw --- have only been there couple of times but hope to return someday. Only place I would eat beef during all the mad cow outbreaks.

• TJ Curioso
  • Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I just wanted to bump this point...

They must marry without ever having kissed during courtship (I've only heard this as an extreme practice, it isn't universal to my knowledge)

Was this customary in your area? I think this isn't a universal rule... Where I'm from, I guess it was just the time spent kissing, or the way you kissed... but lip kissing wasn't prohibited from my knowledge.

• nugget
    nugget

Well done truly awesome.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Knowsnothing if search publications on attitudes during courtship, you will see that the rules are enforced fairly restrictive when taken literally.

Many JW in the past and present have been admonished not express the most intimate expressions of affection and in the past there have been those who were warned only to give a hand.

• TheOldHippie
  • Some followers burn children's books in metal bidons (trash cans? you get the idea, a metal receptacle)
  • They must marry without ever having kissed during courtship
  • Oh yeah? Really?

I have also burned various things in trash cans - guess I'll pop up at the front page of some magazine.

Must marry without ever having kissed - guess I'll have to make sure the whole congregation is df'ed, then ............

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

You can have this magazine here:

http://testemunhasdejeova.forumeiros.com.pt/t1102-revista-sabado-digitalizada-artigo-sobre-as-testemunhas-de-jeova#14113

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit