I Thing Being Friends With My Jehovah Witness Friend is Taking A Mental Toll On Me?

by TheNurseInBlack 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheNurseInBlack
    TheNurseInBlack

Everything was great untill about two years ago untill she realized I wasn't a Jehovah Witness. I didn't notice it before but now I noticed the next day she began to give me verses about the "Truth". It recently got worse with her religious debates lately I've been able to prove her wrong with most of them. But now I'm afraid that she'll tell somebody about are talks and they'll associate me as a bad associate. I really love her and she's my best friend but being paranoid all the time about this its starting to really get to me. I recently read that all Jehovah think that you are with Satan if your not in there organization. And it makes me wonder if she thinks of me that way. . .

I don't like the thought that she looks down on me either because I celebrate holidays or do the things she thinks is pagan or wrong

I just need some mental support right now. And what would you do in this situation?

• designs
    designs

You are a target for conversion in your friend's mind and that changes everything,sorry, choose wisely.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bein' friends wit a Jehovah's witness is stressfull because thier friendship is conditional

you'll never be happy

When she finally see what you think about her belief she'll cut you off like a faucet

• DubR
    DubR

Great relationship until she realised u weren't a JW? I dont get it...please explain

• DubR
    DubR

Like are yall internet buddies or something?

• TheNurseInBlack
    TheNurseInBlack

We know eachother in real life. We just never talked about religion untill she brough up paradise and the limited about of people going to heaven. And I told her that I didn't believe that and that's when then preaching started.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

create some distance between u two. Just to see what type of person she really is. She will push the envelope as long as u stick around. Get scarce and she may back off, fearing she did the opposite and pushed u away, or u may just lose a friend. Been there done that

• moshe
    moshe

Ifyou win debates with JWs you won't be on speaking terms with them for long. I am afraid you must let this person find their own way in life, just let them know you want to be friends, but religion is a topic that is off limits.

• whathappened
    whathappened

She is definitely going to intensify her efforts to convert you to one of Jehovah's Witnesses. If you reject what she tells you, then she will eventually have to make the choice between you and her religion, as she is really not supposed to have friendships with what they refer to as "worldly people.". You are considered bad association because you do not accept Watchtower teachings as life saving bible truths.

Be prepared to convert, lose her friendship, or be considered her worldly friend. These are your only options unless you can get her out of this cult.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    DubR said- Great relationship until she realised u weren't a JW? I dont get it...please explain
    theNurseInBlack said- We know eachother in real life. We just never talked about religion

~~~~

Yeah. I don't understand either. If she is a JW how did you meet? How did you become friends? How long has she been a JW? What is your religious backround? What were the subjects of your debates?

~~~~

(And why are you a nurse in black? Are you a killer kevorkian style nurse?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit