Was Judas Worthy to Partake?

by Tower Man 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

The WT, 2-1-02 says on p. 15, that only after Judas was gone did Jesus institute the memorial of his death. After researching all 4 gospel accounts, this is simply not true. Luke 22:21 makes it very clear that Judas was, in fact, present and active in partaking of the bread and wine. Why does the WT only let "worthy ones" partake when Jesus allowed even his traitor that privilege? The WT knows nothing of God's grace, only law. Sad!

Tower Man

• Moxy
    Moxy

judas partook of the passover bread during the meal, but it wasnt the special, magical Bread of the Covenant (TM). theres no indication of when judas left in relation to the covenant, but theres no way to prove the authors thought he was there if you start making distinctions about when the passover ended and the lords evening meal began.

mox

• Tower Man
    Tower Man

Moxy, If you read the whole account in Luke 22:14-23, it seems obvious that Judas was there for the "special bread and wine". Don't you think?

• artful
    artful

TM. Luke definitely indicates that Judas was there for the partaking of the covenant bread and wine, a reading of Matthew and Mark make no mention of Judas leaving, and John says Judas left but makes no mention of the covenant.

A very interesting distinction to be made here is that the dubs believe the 'new covenant' is a covenant for a kingship which only the 'anointed' are part of (they quote NWT mistranslation of Luke 22:29 to support this - for a detailed discussion of this see:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23818&site=3 ).

What they are saying by this is that the R&F are not part of the new covenant - represented by Jesus shed blood. This is where they completely miss the point - to enter into the New Covenant one must simply have faith in Jesus' ransom and thereby attain salvation (by God's grace). This replaced the Law Covenant which required adherence to a multitude of laws to gain God's favor. Without accepting (or being part of) this New Covenant how could one possibly attain salvation? There is no other way! I think that this is one of the most serious errors the WTS has perpetrated.

You are right when you say:

The WT knows nothing of God's grace, only law. Sad!
    So, drink up!
    artful
  • Nikita
    Nikita

Excellent!!! I have been out for 16 years and I don't think I ever thought about this point!

Nikita

• Nikita
    Nikita

Excellent!!! I have been out for 16 years and I don't think I ever thought about this point!

Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit