Which book of the Bible creates the highest number of awakenings?

by NeverKnew 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

So, it has been agreed that I will be reading the Bible with my JW friends. Straight Bible no WT.

We tried to start with Matthew and move through the New Testament. I insisted on using the ESVs I purchased from Amazon for $.49 a piece so we could write in them.

Well, that didn't go well.

I had too much of an urge to stab him in the eyeballs for corrupting the passages with WT logic. Instead of bodily harm, I took the psychological attack approach with something to the effect of... "are ya kidding me???? You're kidding me right? Please say yes... nevermind... don't lie - you're an idiot." I think communication broke down after that. *ahem* Gosh, I love this guy... have I told you he's an absolute sweetheart? *sigh*

So, I'm going to take a valium for this next attempt. I think we're going to agree to READ only. NO COMMENTARIES! We're supposed to start in a couple of weeks and will continue to use the ESVs. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to call the shots on the book in which we start.

You guys tell me. Which book am I starting with?

• whathappened
    whathappened

My sister grandmajones lost her faith in the bible because while on a round the world cruise, she decided to read the entire bible from start to finish.

She said the parts that were disturbing to her were the parts about the total genocide, the raping of women, the bad treatment of women in general, the ordering of the Isrealites to kill babies, women and children, etc.

PM her and I'm sure she will be happy to help you with he most sickening things she read in god' s written word.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Romans was huge for me. Reading that absent jwndoctrine was a major eye opener for christianity. For reality genesis is a hoot.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i think one of the best books to lead a jw out of the wt and into the arms of christ is john.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I had my money on John (to see Christ's significance) and Romans but I read on another thread that someone else's push came from reading the book of Galations so I figured I better ask.

• clarity
    clarity

Never ... how about Galations & Ephesians ...

lovely bits,.... saved by grace not by works!Eph2:5 - 9)

>

(eph 4:4-6) ..one body, one spirit, one hope, one lord, one faith,

one baptism, one god.

>

Little flock & other sheep.... not earthly class & heavenly class but

it is the jews & gentiles (eph2:14-19)

>

You will totally love these books ...especially in a KJV or other, than NWT

Good 'luck' and have sharp pencils on hand!

clarity

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

You can use the greek interlinear by the WT, it shows the greek and direct english word, then in the right column how the WT arranged it. They don't stick to their own rules in all of the greek scriptures, such as the theos thing in John, I believe you'll see where they put a god as God in other parts of hte bible w/ the same spelling.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It shouldn't be very difficult to find a part of the LIE-ble that blatantly shows what kind of tyrant Jehovah really is. Read the first 3 chapters of Genesis, taken as fundamentalist Christians mean for it to be taken. Why does God impose the death penalty for eating of the fruit, labeling it a sin to partake of knowledge of good and bad? Why doesn't God want us knowing good and bad, if not to prevent us from making our own decisions instead of being enslaved? Is it really stealing to eat a fruit that otherwise would simply return to earth or be eaten by animals? Remember, if they eat to satiation, eating the "forbidden fruit" means they are apt to eat one less piece of other fruit to compensate. If the fruit really was poisonous, they would have died, or gotten sick, soon after eating it. They didn't. God himself had to impose the punishment--it doesn't take 900 years for poison to take effect. Try eating nightshade and expecting to live another 900 years if you don't believe it.

The serpent is supposedly Satan. Did the serpent use death threats or try and force mankind to eat the fruit? I don't think so. Satan merely exposed Jehovah's scam to enslave the human race. "You positively will not die." After they ate, did they die on their own, or did Jehovah have to cast a spell on them to make them die more than 900 years later? And because he got pxxxed because his scam was exposed? Satan didn't want us existing as slaves to Jehovah, but Satan wanted us to be enabled to make our own decisions. Something Jehovah wanted to take away from us.

Read this as written right in their own LIE-ble, and it becomes blatantly obvious that Satan, NOT Jesus, is our real Savior.

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

John and Romans.

• extractor
    extractor

A thoughtful study of just the 1st chapter of Hebrews will contradict the WT doctrine about 100 times.

Some tips...

- DO NOT get emotional even when you hear lots of non-sense. He'll mentally turn you off.

- Do not TELL him what to believe... phrase everything in the form of a question.

- Yes, by all means get your hands on a Kingdom Interlinear and read John 17:3, & Col. 1:16-17 (Why is "other" in brackets?)

- Ask him about the 144,000 who Revelation says are all male virgins from Jewish tribes who have never lied. (Do a search for the verses.) This describes NONE of the JW "annointed". After he says the 12,000 from each Jewish tribe is "figurative" ask him how you can add 12 figurative numbers & come up with one literal number.

You have a limited time before your "friend" will never speak to you again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit