Looking to speak to current & ex-JWs in Australia

by nomoreklondikes 33 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreklondikes
    nomoreklondikes

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me posting. I'm a freelance writer, and am currently writing a story on the Jehovah's Witnesses church for a Melbourne magazine.

I've spoken with an elder/spokesperson of a Melbourne JW church, who explained the official positions of the church at length, but I'm really interested in getting more of a sense of the day to day experiences of JWs, both current and former. I'm not pushing any barrow with this article: I just want to write a piece that looks at the church, the beliefs of its members, and the lives of people who have been (or still are) involved in it.

As such, I'd love to talk to some current and former JWs about their experiences. I am located in Melbourne, so am happy to meet with anyone in the area face to face, provided they are happy to. For JWs in other areas, I'd love to talk on the phone. If you're willing or interested, please PM me or write to me at [email protected].

Many thanks,

Pete

• trujw
    trujw

Talk to Paul Grundy of JWfacts.com he is a from Australia and an expert on this subject. Please check out his website. Jw's are a cult evil as can be my mom and sisters have never talked to me just because I dont believe a couple of men in New York are chosen by god. It is so painful many have taken their own lives because of this cult. They are told not to talk to read or even look at x-members. I have never seen a worldwide movement as controled as them.

• etna
    etna

I would love to talk to you and answer any questions, but my children and their children(my grandkids) are still in and if they found out, I'd be shunned. ITS A CULT. By the way I'm in Sydney and was raised a JW.

Etna

• nomoreklondikes
    nomoreklondikes

Thanks, trujw, I'm in contact with Paul and will be speaking to him for the piece.

• trujw
    trujw

http://jwsurvey.org/ go here too and talk to Cedars another brother who is out of this cult but has a great website. If you want to talk to me just PM me I can give you an earful.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I'd be happy to chat on the phone on the basis of assured anonymity.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Hi! Ex Jehovah's Witness currently located in Ballarat. I can travel to Melbourne... will be emailing you shortly.

• trujw
    trujw

One more thing I hope you address in this article. Imagine having hundreds of friends a mother, father, sisters, brothers etc. You have a serect meeting in a back room that nobody can be in but you. They ask Do you believe the Governing Body is inspired by God? I said no I don't believe that and poof everyone is gone everyone. It is anounced on stage at their kingdom hall that is it. They never talk to you again you are evil prideful and have left god. Dont let them fool you that only gross sinners are shunned ANYONE I mean ANYONE that questions the leaders are shunned no matter what. Please please put that in your article

• nomoreklondikes
    nomoreklondikes

Thanks everyone for your responses. I can definitely assure anyone who wishes to speak anonymously that the article will not identify them.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thay are a dangerous bunch, mark our words.

i just rescued two teenagers form them recently

Curious as to what angle you plan to take with the article.

there are so many angles that you could write several books let alone a magazine article.

Personally the best article will be one that alerts the public to just how much mind control they practice and to the Candace conti case in the U.S.

stick to cold hard facts.

sorry, i dont mean to tell you how to do your job! I just hate seeing them portrayed as just a slightly annoying alternative to mainstream christianity... they are down right dangerous. Dont be fooled by any spin doctor from them.

Oz from south australia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit