OK the the Pope just said christ wasn't born on Dec. 25th

by trujw 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trillaz
    trillaz

WTWizard If one does not want to celebrate a day because it is incorrectly attributed to a savior, or is "pagan" then why should one? What does a rebirth of the sun have to do with a tree sitting in one's living space? The problem I see, is that most of these so called pagan rituals find their way into a majority of life, whether it have a religious meaning or not. As far as the actual sun rebirth, it usually occurs 4 to 5 days in advance.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Well now that Mr. Ratzinger said it, it must be true.

(I think most educated people have known for some time that Jesus wasn't really born on December 25 anyway. And as far as 'Christ' goes, there's no evidence such a character exists.)

• maisha
    maisha

so why does the pope dance around this naked every christmas?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Jehovah's Witnesses reject all holidays even benign Mother's day,exception being the Lord's evening meal also called the Last Supper or Good Friday. WHY-Jehovah’s Witnesses don’t do Thanksgiving,and other holidays. I was born Jehovah’s Witness 1957 3rd generation,we didn’t celebrate Christmas. The reason JW’s don’t do Christmas is because their Watchtower leaders say so,the holiday has pagan aspects to it and by rejecting it the Watchtower appears “pure”.
    This “demand for purity” is one of the 8 marks of a cult....Now the Watchtower can use this purity diversion to distract from their own false dogmas. Jesus was not born on Dec 25th,but he also did not have his second coming in the month of October 1914,which is the core doctrine of the Watchtower religion. The Watchtower leaders want us to be 'different' for the sake of being different.Jehovah's Witnesses are not 'happier' and are just as dysfunctional as families who do holidays.

• maisha
    maisha

are not all religions from the same source!..

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

UH OH. I think the JW's have snagged him and are having a secret study. Didn't they also do away with Hellfire a few years back?

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL....the pope dances around that naked! ha ha ha ha ha

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Of course Christ wasn't born on Dec 25th, Thickey Popey, we haven't got to Dec 25th yet !

He may be born on Dec 25th, mightn't he ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit