FREE Home Bible Study?!?!?

by Christ Alone 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Talk about overanalyzing and overscrutinizing my every statement.

Maybe you should make better statements.

Obviously when I said no one I know I was talking about people who weren't JW's.

Why would you, as a JW, obtain a Bible for anyone who is aleady a JW? You do know you're allowed to 'place' the NWT don't you??

Most people pay for Bibles.

Source?

How about you do some research and stop using special exceptions (such as online websites and charitable organzations/churches) to argue your case.

"Special exceptions"?? Yeah, the Internet's just a fad. Those websites (you know, the "online websites") will never catch on. How often have you heard someone say they're just off to the bookshop to buy a Bible?? And why on earth wouldn't I refer to places from which people can get Bibles for free to demonstrate that people can get Bibles for free??

That is like trying to use the success of Adele's 21 to argue that piracy is not affecting album sales.

Actually, it's more like arguing that free availability does affect sales.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Ethos, I was really hoping for a jw that would argue honestly. I know they are rare, but I was hoping. You were upset that we talked about churches giving bibles away for free, yet you were tooting the WTs horn because they give them away for donations. And of course you avoided all discussion about WHY they went to donations. Not surprising I suppose.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Ethos, dont say stupid shit.

Plus, all the females here are not subject to your headship so can call you out.

Its like no one ever loved you enough to tell you you are wrong before.

dont worry, youve found us.

>HUG<

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

And the reason you get so many replies to your comments is because the WT (and you by association) have little to base your claims on. You both make so many claims that you can't support while others CAN.

• Ethos
    Ethos

ChristAlone, I appreciate your sincerity and your efforts in wanting a JW to answer questions...but it's extremely difficult for me right now. You make 10 posts in one thread, I can only make 10 posts in a whole day. I hate making statements and then being unable to defend them, as it's not really much of a discussion or a debate. I'm composing a list of all your questions and will start a thread answering them once I am alloted more posting time.

Thread continued here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/242554/1/Whats-so-Special-About-FREE-Home-Bible-Studies

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Ethos, I was born, raised and still claim a "worldly" status. I have always had the freedom to go to whatever church I chose. My family believed we could learn from all faiths.

There's not a church I've been to that wouldn't gladly offer a free bible. They're in the darn pews at my home church!

This the second thread I've read where you've claimed knowledge with respect to churches that was completely wrong. The other one had something to do with dealing with mental illness, suicide and depression. I would welcome your comments AFTER putting "church suicide prevention" in your favorite search engine and doing some reading. Better yet, walk into let's see.... how about a Roman Catholic church and tell the priest you're thinking about committing suicide. I KNOW that you'd be shocked at the results.

You're showing yourself to be a liar to those who know about churches. Your knowledge with respect to JW doctrine might be a little faulty if I absorb all that everyone is saying. You can fake the JW stuff and it would blow by me, but don't lie about any alleged knowledge of churches - not only will you lose credibility, but I wll call you out. ChristAlone already has... and he has more patience.

Cut the crap.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Perhaps a kinder interpretation would be that Ethos is hindered by the jw black and white thinking. you know: all other churches are baad, seen one; seen them all. Only wt is different.

Ethos, please use the posting limitation to your advantage and read more than you write :)

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ethos:

607 response coming tonight.

Can we expect something new that will blow our socks off about the Watchtower's 607 BeeSee BS doctrine?

Or will it be more of the same regurgitated crap.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Ethos ...*** 607 response coming tonight****

Dont forget the "Bad Figs", the third group ....no restoration for them.

Babylon's first visit ...Daniel's group exiled

Babylon's second visit Jechoniah's group exiled

Babylon's third visit Zedekiah and temple destroyed the "Bad Figs" exile with NO hope of restoration. Jeremiah 24:8-10..

8 “‘But like the bad figs, which are so bad they cannot be eaten,’ says the Lord , ‘so will I deal with Zedekiah king of Judah, his officials and the survivors from Jerusalem, whether they remain in this land or live in Egypt. 9 I will make them abhorrent and an offense to all the kingdoms of the earth, a reproach and a byword, a curse [a] and an object of ridicule, wherever I banish them. 10 I will send the sword, famine and plague against them until they are destroyed from the land I gave to them and their ancestors.’”

So if you continue to insist that Jeremiah 25 is talking about 70 years exile and not 70 years for Babylon, WHICH GROUP OF EXILES DOES THE 70 YEARS REFER TO ????

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Can we start a petition to allow Ethos 100 posts a day? I have a huge allowance, I would be willing to share. I never was restricted to begin with.

Ethos, just because beople BUY bibles, doesn't mean they HAVE TO buy bibles. Anyone who wants a study, can easily be given one by pretty much any church. That is the plain truth. Of course on-line there are so many resources that if you really wanted lexicons, bible commentaries, and the like....they are right there.

But lets not pretend that a home bible study traditionally given by us uses most of those things if any of them. Of course, in defence of that, the majority of people probably do benefit from simple instruction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit