DWTS-Michael Jackson tribute night

by purplesofa 6 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

OK, I don't tell many I watch DWTS, religoiusly!

So tonight is Michael Jackson night and they are scanning the audience and his Mom is there.

How does she manage to stay in good standing

• I quit!
    I quit!

She has money. The Watchtower likes that. Also they know damned well if they kicked a high profile grandmother like her out it would be all over the news and they wouldn't look good. Better just to stick to picking on and abusing the lesser known members of their organization.

• Emma
    Emma

I said the same thing last night; what hypocrites. They're disgusting.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A dance competition is a big immoral No No as seen by the WTS. ???

What is the difference from this, than going to see a Baseball game or a Basketball game. ???

As far as I remember that wasn't an item to receive counseling from an elder on those activities ???

• undercover
    undercover

Not defending the WTS, or any of the wacko Jacksons, but - I don't think there's anything wrong with attending DWTS live anymore than there is in watching it on television. Except for the occasional double entendre joke, it is pretty much family fare.

• Emma
    Emma

I think it's more that it was honoring a DA person, and, yes, the dancing performed would be seen as immoral. And all the baggage that goes with "sister" Jackson that the R&F would be DFd for.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

And the occasional errant nipple. Ahem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit