Are you sure you have not spoken to someone about Jehovah or the Bible for at least 15 minutes?

by Calebs Airplane 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

How many here have had this conversation before (especially just before the week-long visit by the Circuit Overseer)?:

Brother Irregular, I don't believe we've received your report for last month. Did you turn it in yet?

Uh.... No.

Are you going to?

No.

Why not?

I didn't go out to Field Service last month.

OK. But are you sure you didn't talk to a friend, neighbor or family member about Jehovah or the Bible for at least 15 minutes?

Well, I think I spoke to my neighbor for about 10 minutes early last month. Does that count?

I think so. But just turn in your report and we'll decide that later.

OK.

• poppers
    poppers

Next they'll say that if they are standing among "worldlies" and they are thinking about Jehovah they can put that down on their monthly report.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've had elders add 15 min to my month just to show me active

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

What about if we talk about bible related topics here? Can we count the time? As mentioned in other threads, a lot of the readers here are more aware of what is in the next study article than the witnesses.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

There used to be a pioneer in my old hall that was never out in service (I was a reg pio at this time too). One time I talked to him and he said that he would leave a tract or magazine with someone in the morning before work, then do it again after work, and count all the time in between. Genious! Of course the elders caught on and questioned him about all the time he was counting when no one would see him out in service. But he stuck to his guns and continued counting over 100 hours a month.

• prologos
    prologos

each person on earth get 10 minutes of witnessing time a year. each one of the 7 billion on average. there is something wrong and too corporate about the idea and the method. one story (perhaps fictional) from a pioneer home on an essential highway: the co passing through on a snowy morning found l special p writing a letter, and the others (the normal car group) in bed keeping warm and counting time' as they would have had they been "out in "the field". that's why some say: "count me out" contributed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What about if we talk about bible related topics here? Can we count the time?

I can think of a few posters here who seemed to be "counting time".

Doc

• Londo111
    Londo111

I suppose I talk about the beliefs and practices of Jehovah’s Witnesses all the time to coworkers, to people at church, in debates with JW apologists and so forth. Can I count my time?

• tiki
    tiki

what a colossal waste....for what? to have a number to add to a list?!?! like in the grand scheme of things it means anything..........seriously...it's so warped and while you are stuck in it you really take it for real......unbelievable................you're a witness - you're in the grocery store and see some worldly person you know and smile and say hi.....whoppeeeee.....there's your 15 minutes and they know you are a JW so that counts as a RV too!!!!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i wonder how the local police would veiw me if i turned in a time slip of good deeds in my community. i feed the homeless 3 times helped an old lady cross the street got 2 cats out of trees. lol how stupid would they think i am?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit