Atheists and Theists... what do you want from us?

by tec 69 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

This is a spin from Palm's thread on a truce. But I think, instead of getting people to sugget ways that a truce could work... how about we list answers to this:

Atheists: what do you want from theists?

Theists: what do you want from atheists?

It is only when we know what the other 'side' wants, that we can determine whether or not we are willing or able to give it. Only then, can we determine whether or not a truce, or better communication, is possible.

I know that many times, I have just wanted to ask that question: What do you want from me?

Peace,

tammy

• Satanus
    Satanus

Money. Everybody likes money, no matter the crede, race or gender. Money is magical, that way. You can turn it into almost anything.

S

• elderelite
    elderelite

acknoweldgment that Thursday is holy and is to be held in honor of the thunderer. We can negotiate on fridays being held in honor of star trek (its original day to air in the '70's)

If outlaw wants a KFC day im sure miz will also support that.

Its also imperative that Sundays from September thru the first weekend in Feburary be held holy in honor of RG3 (to be said in a chant three times, like this : RG3! RG3! RG3!)

what do you want?

• tec
    tec

I want to know what is this... RG3?

On a serious note, I am much better on doing the accommodating (or determining whether or not I can accomodate a request), than asking for someone to accomodate me. So I would most like to know what atheists want from theists.

But fair is fair, and I will try to state what I would like as well:

I would like for those of faith to be able to speak and share their faith without personal attack, accusation (including mockery and jibes of completely unrelated things, as per the post) I would like accusations that have nothing to do with the thread to stop... start your own thread if you must. Within reason, of course. An off-topic comment about such is one thing, but when it railroads so that the thread is lost beneath such a thing -again and again- then I would like that to stop.

I think the above are mere expressions of showing respect to the person, whilst still being able to disagree with the 'belief'.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I would really like for non-atheists to do my laundry. I don't have much, it's just me, but I do have a lot of hand washables.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Woe woe woe.... Like really? You dont know RG3??????

• tec
    tec

I might if you explain it, because I feel as though I should... but no, I do not. For realz.

Peace,

tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

:O Oh hellllllllllll's no!!!!

Google : 4 touchdown passes against the eagles today, heisman winning QB from balor, redskins 1st round draft pick

That should provide adaquate insight ;) thwn you may join in chanting with me:

RG3! RG3! RG3!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

RG3 = Robert Griffin III = an NFL quarterback

Google is your friend.

• tec
    tec

Oh, nevermind... you only had to mention football, lol. I had my mind on video games ;)

I can acknowledge the greatness, but I am unwilling to accommodate you on chanting. I just have to draw the line somewhere, you know?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit