Simple, yet telling explanation of why the Governing Body view themselves as ultimate. (With their own words)

by MC RubberMallet 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

In 1 Corinthians 7, Paul continuously makes plain that he was speaking his own opinion:

(1 Corinthians7:12-16)12 But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and yet she is agreeable to dwelling with him, let him not leave her; 13 and a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and yet he is agreeable to dwelling with her, let her not leave her husband. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to [his] wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, YOUR children would really be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving one proceeds to depart, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not in servitude under such circumstances, but God has called YOU to peace. 16 For, wife, how do you know but that you will save [your] husband? Or, husband, how do you know but that you will save [your] wife?

(1 Corinthians 7: 25-28)25 Now concerning virgins I have no command from the Lord, but I give my opinionas one who had mercy shown him by the Lord to be faithful. 26 Therefore I think this to be well in view of the necessity here with us, that it is well for a man to continue as he is. 27 Are you bound to a wife? Stop seeking a release. Are you loosed from a wife? Stop seeking a wife. 28 But even if you did marry, you would commit no sin. And if a virgin [person] married, such one would commit no sin. However, those who do will have tribulation in their flesh. But I am sparing YOU.

( 1 Corinthians7:29-35) 29 Moreover, this I say, brothers, the time left is reduced. Henceforth let those who have wives be as though they had none, 30 and also those who weep be as those who do not weep, and those who rejoice as those who do not rejoice, and those who buy as those not possessing, 31 and those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing. 32 Indeed, I want YOU to be free from anxiety. The unmarried man is anxious for the things of the Lord, how he may gain the Lord’s approval. 33 But the married man is anxious for the things of the world, how he may gain the approval of his wife, 34 and he is divided. Further, the unmarried woman, and the virgin, is anxious for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in her body and in her spirit. However, the married woman is anxious for the things of the world, how she may gain the approval of her husband. 35 But this I am saying for YOUR personal advantage, not that I may cast a noose upon YOU, but to move YOU to that which is becoming and that which means constant attendance upon the Lord without distraction.

(1 Corinthians 7:39-40) 39 A wife is bound during all the time her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep [in death], she is free to be married to whom she wants, only in [the] Lord.40 But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my opinion. I certainly think I also have God’s spirit.

I've researched the WT Library on each scripture where Paul mentioned he was speaking his own thoughts. The ONLY spot I found where they addressed this issue is in the Insight book:

***it-1p.1205Inspiration***The evident meaning of Paul’s statements is that he could quote no direct teaching by the Lord Jesus on certain points. Hence Paul gave his personal opinion as a spirit-filled apostle. His counsel, however, was “God-breathed” and so came to form part of the Sacred Scriptures, having equal authority with the rest of those Scriptures.

Think about that. Paul clearly and repititously states those were his own thoughts. You would think he would know. But no, the WTS knows better! Even though Paul said it wasn't from Jehovah, they teach it actually was! Jehovah inspired Paul to distinguish those were his opinions, but somehow the GB knows more than Paul and Jehovah! They still believe every single word in the Biblical canon is inspired by Jehovah himself, though this is one example where they writer claimed it wasn't.

Instead of dealing with the issue that Paul spoke his own opinions, which would destroy their 'ultimate holy' view of the Bible, they'd rather convince us, and themselves, in essence it wasn't Paul's own thoughts.

Why is this important? Because the Governing Body believes the same about themselves. Their personal opinions are Jehovah's thoughts, even when they could 'quote no direct teaching by the Lord Jesus on certain points!' Paul was chosen by Jehovah, the Governing Body was chosen by Jehovah. Paul could get his thoughts approved to be in God's word, the Governing Body can get their personal thoughts at least on par with God's Word.

As long as they believe Jehovah has chosen them, it matters not if they follow the Bible, when one GB decides he doesn't like something, it must've been Jah who put it into his heart. If other member on GB agree, it becomes law.

Therefore, any attempts to reason with them how unscriptural their policies, history, teachings, decisions or reasonings are, it will meet a brick walled dead end.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

The format messes up every time I submit, but I can't seem to fix it...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And yet all the other Christian based religions speak of themselves in the same terms.

Saying your something is one thing, actually being what you proclaimed is quite something else.

In an obvious effort to bring viability and legitimacy to the WTS. and its published goods , would

should honestly expect the WTS. to say what they say about themselves.

Ask what the GB of the Mormons they say about themselves, it pretty much the same ...... etc. etc.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

It's true. But they will always fail to see the error or their ways, because they are "Jehovah's anointed".

• why144000
    why144000

A mouse can call itself an elephant but it is still a mouse!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

smith-mandy, the Governing Body were not the "man behind the curtains", the Presidents, and corporation pulled all the levers. As Ray Franz said, the Governing Body (the dog) was wagged by the tail (the president and corp), the GB did not even have time to keep up with the "new light" they stamped as valid, Karl Adams was sending to the press!

The GB spent more time debating how many ways their followers could be disfellowshiped, and how many invitations for free travel to anywhere around the World, they would have to decline. The GB spent almost no time doing Bible Scholar Research and the magazines and books show these statements by Ray Franz to be true.

How can anyone with a brain, read the Bible and believe that Jesus Christ is the mediator for the Governing Body and a few members left on earth? These are lies left in the "dark pages" of the magazines not ready for public consumption.

What would a Born Again householder say to you, if you said "Jesus Christ did not die for you! He is not your mediator, he is only the mediator of the Watchtower Society's annointed members and the Apostles of Bethel? They would kick your ass off their door and tell you to leave! Yelling "anti-Christ go away!"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am sorry for your affliction Mandy, but you don't need to keep telling us that you are, 19 times above, we know, and sympathise.

• glenster
    glenster

"why the Governing Body view themselves as ultimate."
    "Because the Governing Body believes the same about themselves. Their personal
    opinions are Jehovah's thoughts"

A dozen or so distinctive policies, or relatively distinctive policies
    taught distinctively, by the JWs presidents then GB, are cooked up. For an ex-
    pose, you want objective evidence like Popoff's radio receiver or you just have
    a cranky editorial about people who believe or don't believe differently than
    you. For a researcher, the JWs' leaders' distinctive policies/teachings are
    "radio receiver" gold.
    http://glenster1.webs.com/gtjbrooklynindex.htm

"all the other Christian based religions speak of themselves in the same
    terms."

The main tension today isn't between denominations but

conservative (God claimed as proven so possibly law of the land, defense of
    perceived integrity of old interpretations of old texts, misinformation and harm
    regarding cosmology, evolution, women, LGBT people, etc.--think Christian right)

vs. liberal (faith understood as such as a hope for a possible God, so
    separation of church and state, up to speed regarding cosmology, LGBT issues,
    etc.) stances.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But they will always fail to see the error or their ways, because they are "Jehovah's anointed".

The mental manifestations which the WTS. have acquired were slowly cultivated by the vigorous endeavor

to attract attention to the organization's published works.

Back in 1919 J Rutherford announced that god had chosen the WTS. ( to which he was the President of ) ,

to be a guiding light for all mankind.

All one has to do to see the corruption of this organization, is just peal back the pages of its history.

The list of mis-informative lies and convoluted deviously made proclamations are there to see clearly.

Unfortunately for the general public they don't perceive religions to be devious, there's always well this a Christian

organization so there wouldn't be any of that there.

Not to mention behind the curtain, the leaders are aware of that themselves.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I think we could add more of Paul's words to this discussion, like him saying that "All Scripture is inspired of God". He probably had no expectation that his letters would ever become part of scripture when he wrote that. Yet they are. Even stuff like him leaving a cloak at Troas or asking for 'the parchments' has some special relevance or ends up being quoted in a WT, when it was entirely mundane.

Same as always, the GB's basic message is that it doesn't really matter what the Bible actually says, what matters is what we tell you it says.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit