Why so many "schools" now?

by grumblecakes 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

So I'm sitting at meeting yesterday (uck) and got board during the WT and noticed the article on pg 13 about all the different schools offered...it seems like theres a bunch now. Is this new or was I just not paying attention? Why are they doing this?

Any theories?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Uniformity Unity

A lot of major companies seem to be doing it now, though. Formal training for EVERYTHING, no matter how routine or insignificant.

• talesin
    talesin

A lot of major companies seem to be doing it now, though. Formal training for EVERYTHING, no matter how routine or insignificant.

At first, I didn't understand you were talking about the WTBTS, but the world in general. haha, isn't that true of everything nowadays?

Interesting - do they have a school for carrying the microphone? or perhaps "how to highlight your Witchtower properly" ....

tal

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Yeah, what made me wonder about this was I just came outta the thread on 'are they cynically shutting down the org' and was thinking, it does seem like they are in financial trouble...if they are, why would they keep pushing full time service so hard? theyve got to understand that FT service=lower incomes=lower donations.

I get what youre saying about uniformity, but they accomplish the maintaining of uniformity quite well with all the meetings and assemblies. With the exception of the schools for overseers, they rest are all for various FT service.

maybe they arent really hurting for money :(

• talesin
    talesin

Maybe it's a carrot for those who loved school.

Oh, look - the Society has all kinds of training! We have schools, too. We are 'professional' religionists.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet
    Interesting - do they have a school for carrying the microphone? or perhaps "how to highlight your Witchtower properly" ....

They will be starting those once they are done with elders, and all pioneers go to school that second time...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

All those schools are for indoctrinating members. You start young in the TMS and it never ends unless you are an Elder. Then you run the TMS. They are all stupid. I wish I had time to de-construct them. The worst as I have said before is the BSCC. Bible School for Christian Couples. Yes, they tried to make a hip acronym at the DC during their lame drama. BSCC??!! They would work it in to conversations like.." What about our goals when we are married, like the BSCC?" LOL!! The BSCC is for over-the-hill dubs who thrive on validation. My wife is just certain that we will go to Bethel once my daughter moves out, or do the BSCC. It's sad really. If I make it another year without being DF'd or just leaving it will be a miracle. It breaks my heart that she believes that the GB give a hoot in hell about her. The sick BSCC is a way to make loser JW's think they are in the cool club with pioneers and missionaries. These dumb schools are all part of the treadmill of the WTBTS. Just keep running! The end is rapidly approaching! As an Elder's wife said today during the WT study " Keeping busy in service and not watching the clock is a blessing. The years have just flown by!" Yep the sand in the hour-glass is running out!

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Those schools have as much value as a television without sound has to a blind man. I get the feeling those schools exist simply to say they have schools. The WT and subsequently Jehovahs Witnesses really lack anything worth being proud of thats comparable to nonJW institutions. Additionally the cat is out the bag in that nonJWs know JWs are taught to view college the same way they view Christmas. Its not a good a good look to say you've got a GED, and you attend the Theocratic Ministry What? every week. Other major denominations have legitimate schools worth speaking about. The fact that it didnt go unnoticed by JWs was probably a sore point with the GB. They had to institute something no matter how shitty just so they could say, "We've got schools too."

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I believe they get actual college credit, I was told they used to for MTS.

Anyone can clarify?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

College credit for what exactly? What useful study could the MTS pertain to?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit