Two Lies Taught About Ray Franz Jr.

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

1. Ray Franz went insane and the Watchtower Society removed him from the Governing Body out of compassion.

2. "Crisis Of Conscience" is a story of a "man with the agenda to destroy the Watchtower", full of hatred and anger.

I have finished reading COC and can emphatically tell you, Ray writes with great skill, love and compassion for his fellow Christians and Witnessses. He material is of the highest scholarly caliber and desires each reader to draw their own conclusions.

Ray Franz did not go insane, his words are not of a mad-man, but of a man who is trying to help a Monarchy structure humble itself into practices of early Christianity. To attack men or women who expose the Org, you label them "insane", that's how recent men are labled who left the Watchtower Society!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I knew Ray// He was a very loving ,honest man .When he died we lost a real MAN!!!!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

there has probably been far worse lies spread about Ray.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Wish i had sent Ray an email or a letter after I read CoC.

There is something to be said about the "ring of truth", his book has that and the fact that the leaders of the GB didn't drag his ass into court tells me that they realized that it would do no good.

Just guessing here, but I would say he had more class, dignity and honesty in his left pinky then all the rest of the GB ever had in their whole bodies combined.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is another lie told to me in an Elders meeting by an Elder.

Ray Franz hated preaching. He was trying to spread the teaching that mowing your lawn or taking care of your house or helping your neighbor was part of your worship. He hated field service.

• Pterist
    Pterist

I sent him a letter after I read COC, it had just been published.

I asked him many questions but I only remember one of his replies that echoes In my ears about accomplishments, that keeps me grounded ...."IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A BIG FANFAIR, IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS THAT COUNT. Although I did not know him personally, his words revealed a humble man.

Shalom.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

@Mouthy, where did you meet brother franz? Could you tell us some of your history with Ray Franz? The "new generation" need's to know the facts before your "generation (who knew Ray Franz) overlaps with "the generation who read or heard about Ray Franz" crosses into the "digital-generation that only saw Ray Franz on Youtube". The generation talk is getting easier to use, once we master nonsense!

I heard the rumor "Ray Franz hated field service" as well. I would reply his forty years in the missionary field and desire to remain in the D.R. contradict these fradulent claims. I find "truth" is hated by lovers of legalism and haters of "grace", I wish I was not so mislead into believing lies that everyone who is disfellowshiped must be evil. Ray was sick from parasites that are common in those island countries, and he still continued to serve until Knorr wanted him out, how many GB members were missionaries or full-time preachers? Which of the first three presidents were preaching "Special Pioneer" hours, or going from door-to-door in the ministry, they (the Presidents and henchmen) guilted us into thinking we woud die if we were not spending all our free time in the "life saving work"? None!

We had a strange case in one congregation, the elders created a judical committtee to examine claims a woman married to the COBE's son, was liable for "loose conduct", fornication. She refused to admitt she was guilty, the next logical step was to harrass her until she tripped over her words. As Lance Armstrong finally gave up (he is tired and might be guilty) to a losing fight, our sister decided to stop fighting a losing battle and her charge they levied without her fighting, was lying. She was unable to remember some obscure statement one of the judical members had documented, therefore she lied! She walked away from Jehovah's loving Organization and accepted charges she knew in her heart were lies, but was too tired to fight.

Ray Franz writings if other Witnessses would allow themselves to think, will shine light why our GB appear to be illiterate with the Holy Scriptures and why love is not the cardinal quality. The real quality of the Jehovah Witness is to obey each crazy idea without questioning, either from the self-proclaimed Governing Body or the wild whims of traveling overseers and elders. The Bible is foreign to many Witnesses, without "study aids" from the Society, Witnesses as a majority are not capable of handling the "sword of the spirit" as expert fighters.

Ray Franz does lean towards charity, allowing others to come to the conclusion you are a Christian by your fine conduct and great love of others, not becoming "followers of followers of followers". COC

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

... He was trying to spread the teaching that mowing your lawn or taking care of your house or helping your neighbor was part of your worship. ...

There is a kernel of truth, there. He was assigned to write the articles on what "sacred service" was (w76, 10/1, p. 592ff.) The articles, of course, would have been vetted and approved by the GB before publication (ISOCF, (1991), p. 656f.).

• mouthy
    mouthy

I met Ray at a BRCI meeting, Then he invited me & another ex JW to his house for lunch
    Cynthia ( his wife) made a lovely spread for us ( about 8 of us all told,)
    He was the most humblist man I ever met. ( I am 85 so that has been MANY men I have met)
    He encouraged us not to be so angry at the men at the "top".Because he said ,"anger will hurt
    yourselves,go on with your lives & do unto others as you like them to do to you. "
    I mentioned how his book was so revelling, & he said "Thank you it was my Concience that
    directed me"

We will miss him.... Cynthia needs our prayers.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

@mouthy, his advice is that spoken of a true Christian with no "ax to grind".

Watchtower-Witnesses follow rules they can live with but expect other Witnesses to obey all the rules! We had one elder who gave a talk on how evil homosexuality is, and no Christian would watch them on TV. This same elder brought his wife and daughter to a Depche Mode concert (Homosexual Band, gay activists) with me as the designated driver in case he drank too much (he did, his wife and underage daughter too). Get the point how he is awesome at telling others how to live a life his is unable to live (Romans 8-11) and his anger erupts with young ones who do not bow to his position!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit