Memorial Alternatives

by Pierced Angel 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

What are you doing on Thursday?
    Are you going to be attending the Kingdumb Hall to please relatives or friends?
    Have a virtual hug {{{{{{{{{{{{you}}}}}}}}}}}}}} if you are, we know it won't be easy.

I almost got pressured into it, but a good friend and I have decided to hit the clubs and go dancing (girls night out, yeah!).
    I was just wondering what plans or ideas the rest of you have for the night of the memorial. Do any of you observe it at home? Do you partake now?

Curious to know what your alternatives are...

Anne

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

Since I have not been to one in 5 years, I have a whole list of things I would rather do then go to the memorial. I often think of the memorial as the day when all the submarines would service. You know all those submarine Witnesses that only surfaced occasionally.

I always wanted to drink the wine though and say, "now that is some good sh*t" real loud to get the reaction. Then bite the bread and yell, "I broke my tooth ... I am going to sue!"

The other alternative is to look all official and when they hand the wine to a child. Stand up and say, "I am with the ATF and I need to talk to you about serving alcohol to minors." It would be funny watching them try to talk their way out of that.

Then of course, you could always make sure you were the first to get the wine and gulp down the whole thing real fast and go, "2002 ... <shake you head> ... not a good year" then BURP and say, "God forgive me!"

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I'll put on a suit, tell my family that I'm going to a friend's memorial, go see a movie, then meet the family afterward for dinner. I'll tell them how much I enjoyed the memorial, that nobody partook, and that it is making me think about increasing my meeting attendance (they think I go half a dozen times a year.) It's worked for me for years, now, why mess with success?

Hmmm

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Call me a coward. But since I'm the only one that knows I'm not a dub anymore.(I've left in my heart) I'm going to te Memorial and even going out to dinner afterwards with dub friends and family. I truly hope this is my last Memorial.

Diamond

• Mulan
    Mulan

Diamond, we did that too, for several years. It was WONDERFUL when we didn't have to pretend anymore.

The last one I went to was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, in 1997. I was there on business, and only went because I knew people would ask when I got home. I could hardly wait to get out of there. Mostly European expats in attendance. A few East Indians and Malays, but mostly people like me. It was interesting too. I told everyone at home that they walked through the room with incense burners, filling the room with smoke before they began. Everyone's mouths dropped open. Then I laughed. They were going to believe me too.

I forgot to answer the original question. On Thursday night, I will probably curl up with my book, and also watch TV a bit. We are FREEEEEE!!!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Beans
    Beans

Quotes and I have something planned,but we will tell you all about it later that night "TOP SECRET"

Beans

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Beans,

Now I'm curious, can't wait to hear all about it.

Anne

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

memorial alternatives....
    ummm.....lets see.....
    "The nutty professor". "Patton",thats on Fox. "Rex Hunts fishing adventures". "I am Weasel"....

Probably "Patton" I guess.

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

Refiners, ANYTHING but Rex * KISS A FISH* Hunt...LOL..

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I'll be at my dance class, dancing the night away with several of the beautiful hotties there!

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit