BREAKING NEWS: Watchtower's Charitable Status UNDER THREAT in Britain !

by raymond frantz 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

My comment is now showing on the daily mail article.

It reads as follows...

I would love Quentin Letts to spend some time talking to folks like me who have grown up under the influence of cult-like religions posing as charities before writing this kind of article. I grew up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses - a faith that also benefits from charitable status in the UK. The church (1) has negligent practices towards the handling of child abuse, (2) encourages people to refuse certain medical treatments involving blood, and (3) encourages the cruel shunning of family members who voice disagreement with the leadership. Yes, they provide "free" bible studies, but these bible studies come at the cost of a lifetime of servitude to a human organization who puts its members (and their children) at great risk through its mistaken application of scripture. All the while, it basks in the benefits of charitable status. Finally the CC finds the balls to confront cults like mine, and is castigated for it by those who know little or nothing about the real issues.

If you agree with it, please bump it up!

Cedars

I would love Quentin Letts to spend some time talking to folks like me who have grown up under the influence of cult-like religions posing as charities before writing this kind of article. I grew up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses - a faith that also benefits from charitable status in the UK. The church (1) has negligent practices towards the handling of child abuse, (2) encourages people to refuse certain medical treatments involving blood, and (3) encourages the cruel shunning of family members who voice disagreement with the leadership. Yes, they provide "free" bible studies, but these bible studies come at the cost of a lifetime of servitude to a human organization who puts its members (and their children) at great risk through its mistaken application of scripture. All the while, it basks in the benefits of charitable status. Finally the CC finds the balls to confront cults like mine, and is castigated for it by those who know little or nothing about the real issues. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2234113/MPs-savage-quango-s-anti-church-bullies.html#ixzz2Cl5HH0oN
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2234113/MPs-savage-quango-s-anti-church-bullies.html#ixzz2Cl5HH0oN
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Thanks Cedars! Agreeing and bumping...

• phil the fish filleter
    phil the fish filleter

Agreed Cedars, how do you 'bump' it.

• phil the fish filleter
    phil the fish filleter

Agreed Cedars, how do you 'bump' it.

• cedars
    cedars

phil, I think you just click green "up" arrow. Thanks for the support folks!

Cedars

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

NoStonecutters:

The Watchtower's charitable status is not the only one under threat. The Illuminati are staging a public relations camaign criticizing the tax-free status of all religions, especially the Catholic Church.

We can only hope.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

As others have said, Jehovah’s Witnesses for most part don’t support any charities because Watchtower teaches them that the only way people will get help is through God’s kingdom so helping poor is a waste of time. Watchtower also teaches that the way to help people is for JWs to preach to others their message which for most part includes much misrepresentation of the group’s history, misrepresentation of many sources they quote in their magazines and basically being negligent when it comes to human life when in need of blood.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit