The Circuit Overseer's Visit on MP3

by TimothyT 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

My dad came up to me the other day and handed me the MP3 of the recent visit to my old congregation. We both decided we would listen to it and discuss it together, despite the fact that neither of us have been to the meeting in over 18 months.

It was nice to hear all those old voices again but it was also a little bit sad. As regards the talks, they were pretty much the standard I expected them to be. They were mostly about irrelevant matters which Christians should not really be concerned about. All the important stuff was given a 10 minute discussion in the service meeting which the brother handled extremely well. All the rest was useless nonsense.

What I did manage to pick out from the recordings is how much this organisation has spiraled out of control. As I haven’t heard a talk now in 18 months, this was the first time that I have listened to their explanations of scriptures since doing my own personal reading of the bible. I must say that I believe they are way off! The talks were very decontextualised, full of cold council which I do not see in the bible, and worst of all, I was shocked with the way the CO simply said 'Basically brothers, we need your money!' I just couldn’t believe it! They went from suggesting donations to asking outright for money and then making you feel guilty about not giving it to them. My goodness! I was just shocked. I knew the organisation had issues and I have not felt it was the truth since leaving, but now when I hear these talks It totally defeats me how all the other brothers just swallow this BS hook, line and sinker when so many of the teachings and principles are so CLEARLY man made and unscriptural.

I have so many old friends trapped in this religion and I fear for some of them very much.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Post it to the forum!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was shocked with the way the CO simply said 'Basically brothers, we need your money!'

Seems obvious to me that Jehovah is no longer backing the WTS. No brainer.

Wonder why they can't "get it"?

Shouldn't they be worried about finding out where they went wrong?

Doc

• Gayle
    Gayle

'Basically brothers, we need your money!'

What else could possibly stand out in their theme! Their Number 1 message!

• tiki
    tiki

not that it matters to these guys nowadays, but remember how russell had said that if they ever needed to ask for more than a nickel per mag they would take it that the Lord's backing was no longer with them....something to that effect? but, i guess since he has been deleted from the f&ds that wouldn't carry any weight......

• cantleave
    cantleave

Who is the CO Timothy?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

John:40 Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and they said to him: “We are not blind also, are we?” 41 Jesus said to them: “If YOU were blind, YOU would have no sin. But now YOU say, ‘We see.’ YOUR sin remains.”

I just see the WT playing the role of the Pharisees more and more. They have their own schools and booklets and thats all u read from. No outside knowledge. Tow the line or get kicked out. And to top it off now, the money......

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Yeah, they need the money real bad. After selling one of their buildings for 81 million. They have to pay Candice conti and others they allowed to become victims of pedeophiles.

Kojack

• BroMac
    BroMac

its funny, i've now heard 3 different CO's give this outline, its the first talk of the week.

the first was our own CO and it was 'Give us your money'

the second CO was the same.

the third CO made it a completely different talk from the others, much more balanced and loving. he made a point of saying how unusual it was to have this outline from the GB instead of one that builds zeal for the ministry. this was about a month ago. he was called bro hillton

• Scott77
    Scott77

and worst of all, I was shocked with the way the CO simply said 'Basically brothers, we need your money!' I just couldn’t believe it! They went from suggesting donations to asking outright for money and then making you feel guilty about not giving it to them.
    TimothyT

Thank you TimothyT for sharing. They want money for what? They are selling buildings and we know that.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit