Internet Explorer 10 now availble for WIn.7

by Finkelstein 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought I would make notice to ones using Windows 7,

been using it now for a couple of hours now and it does appear quicker than IE9.

Its suppose to have higher security built into it as well.

There's also fair amount of updates on MS update program that might be worthy to do as well.

By the way I had to log in to JWN once I rebooted and returned here.

Here's a link to Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/download-ie

• talesin
    talesin

Question - I am a FF user, occasionally Chrome. In the past, IE gave me a LOT of problems ... I'm talking several versions ago.

Is it any better now? Does it still like to 'take over' your computer? I would love to get your feedback ... does it offer special protections like FireFox, which is very much into user interface?

thanks!

xo

tal

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

IE10 is only available as a Release Preview at the moment (that is, between a Beta release and the final release). Release Previews are not really recommended for standard users.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm not sure about it taking over your computer but its quite fast indeed, probably just as fast as Chrome and FireFox now.

It's included with Windows 8 and now can be download for Windows 7 users.

I'm not sure its available for other Windows OS. though ???

As before you have a choice if you want to make it your default browser by making that adjustment through the other browsers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After trying it out and if you don't like it, you can simply uninstall it and IE will revert back to IE 9.

So far so good from what I'm experiencing.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I'm not sure its available for other Windows OS. though ???

IE8 is as far as you can go on XP.

Installing IE9 requires Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.

Installing IE10 requires Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008. It is installed by default on Windows 8 and Server 2012.

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, Fink!

:)

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate and IE 8 was stable and hardly ever crashed or gave problems (x64 version).

I moved to IE9 about 6 - 9 months ago and it's been crap. Regular crashes and failed page loads etc right from the start, I hope things get better again with next release.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

But can you post here using IE10? Or do you still have to use compatible mode?

zed

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Simon fixed compatible mode for IE9 some time ago, so no problems with IE9 in that respect now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit