Vangogh, Welcome to the board!!!

by ziddina 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Welcome, Vangogh. Your comment, "the awful atmosphere and feeling of those days are coming back to me" is exactly why I've not yet shared my whole story, even though I've been a member here for a while. I was born in, and have been out for over 15 years, but each time I go back to relate one part of it, I feel like I'm back inside that horrible, oppressive jail cell. I can't linger there very long, so for the moment I can only tell my story in bits and pieces.

Like you, I"m still struggling to sort out my post-JW life, particularly financially. I really appreciate those who are able to share their stories. It truly is inspiring each time I read about a successful journey. Regardless of where you may be on the road, the moment you see the light and begin the pathway out, you have found success.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome to you!!!!!!

Strawberry

• vangogh
    vangogh

mamochan, yes its an awful feeling and hard to describe to anyone who hasnt experienced it, although I know many in here have. Its something that is hard to recover from but thankfully it is possible. Posting in here helps too and in doing so, i'm sure it helps many others to get over those feelings, I know it has helped me even though i'v only posted a few times, as yet.

Thanks strawberry, cocoa and everyone else for your welcome

• vangogh
    vangogh

cobaltcupcake , yes, so many did and many cashed in their pensions and insurances too. I did find out, not too long ago that the congregation overseer at the time (it was before the elder system was set up) while telling us that we didnt need insurance or pensions for old age for the future, did himself keep his own pension going. When it did mature and pay out, it was a great deal of money. There were a few others who took up careers in the insurance industry, that is something i could never understand at the time. They did well too and are living a comfortable life now.All the ones that I know that did well out of these jobs , in the congregation i was in,were the ones that preached the most about the coming of armageddon and how we wouldnt need any insurance or pensions , just goes to show. Just like the WTBS at the time, telling us all about armageddon being imminent while at the same time were buying property and playing the stockmarket.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumpin' the thread again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit