As A JW You Never Have Time To Smell The Roses

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

The idea that you have "forever" made me take time to smell the roses.

I am now in my 60's and I realize that I spent too much time smelling the roses.

I missed out on a whole different boquet of aromas.

Roses look great on cemetery plots.

• a watcher
    a watcher

perfect1, I'll take that as a compliment :-)

I am very pleased with my avatar. I think it matches my alias quite well.

I found an interesting 'Christian' explanation for the 'third eye':

According to the teaching of Father Richard Rohr, the concept of the third eye is a metaphor for non-duelistic thinking; the way the mystics see. In Rohr's concept, mystics employ the first eye (sensory input such as light) and the second eye (the eye of reason, meditation, and reflection), "but they know not to confuse knowledge with depth, or mere correct information with the transformation of consciousness itself. The mystical gaze builds upon the first two eyes--and yet goes further."

"It happens whenever, by some wonderous 'coincidence,' our heart space, our mind space, and our body awareness are all simultaneously open and nonresistant. I like to call it presence. It is experienced as a moment of deep inner connection, and it always pulls you, intensely satisfied, into the naked and undefended now, which can involve both profound joy and profound sadness at the very same time." Rohr refers to this level of awareness as "HAVING THE MIND OF CHRIST". (emphasis mine)

Now I don't understand or necessarily agree with all that, but I like the last part :-)

By the way, how do you like my hairdo?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit