Bible Character Cards on jw.org??

by Scully 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not joking.

This is in the family/children section on jw.org - Mary - Joshua - Daniel - Ruth - and more!

I'm LMAO that these are so similar to hockey cards or baseball cards that my siblings and I used to get in trouble for collecting when we were kids. In fact, the website encourages kids to

Download, print, fold in half, and save each card. Collect them all!

Reminds me of Pokemon cards that my own kids loved collecting: Gotta catch 'em all!!

What won't these brainwashers do to enslave children!!??

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I'm waiting for the Abraham one where he is getting ready to cut off Isaacs head.

Can't wait for that one.

Can we send these in and get them signed from the GB, if so, how much do you think they will charge to sign them?

NJY

• elderelite
    elderelite

Omt..... Thats...... Thats...... Sooooooooooo cheesy!!! Sooooooooo..... Just eyerollingly nausiating!

• Scully
    Scully

notjustyet:

Your wish is my command!

Abraham

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

notjustjet >> . . . wanna trade 10 character cards for 'Bible Card #5' (Abraham)?

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

I wish I had Methuselah's rookie card. Must be worth alot. ;)

• watson
    watson

Scully!! No way! LOL, I want my kids to have that one.....heck with that, I'm going to print it and save it myself!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We had these when I was a kid, only they were very nicely done (gold edging, in a little box, etc.), which means they were not produced directly by the WTS. They must have been approved by the WTS (or we wouldn't have had them), but not necessarily promoted by them. As I recall there were exactly 100 characters.

If the WTS wants to provide something for children (in return for Sparlock), why not make a quality product, not this cheesy cut-n-fold crap?

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Onan cards?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Why, yes. It seems only right to create some spoof cards; perhaps the governing body in drag?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit