What one thing would you say...

by problemaddict 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

@ outlaw - Yes but who does ALL THREE. Ha. You know this default arguement.

@ Ravens - Color me surprised, but the person who invited me out actually started telling me why he was thinking seriously about stepping down and all of the nonsense going on in the hall. It was a very interesting conversation.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I don't really have a suggestion being very new to this as well, but I have to say, you must be important and special to get invited to all these dinners.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Not important.....not special. I assure you.

I think some peopel actually act in accord witht he way their heart leads them, even if they can't see that deep down the eventuality of what they believe would lead them to a terrible conclusion. Basically, they mean well.

Got an elder and his wife tonite. I have been inactive just long enough to now have people "concerned". The nice part is, the Pharisee guys have kind of just written me off already. So I am really not being bothered at all, except by people that I believe have good hearts and act from a kind place.

Just trying to get them the right message that doesn't get me in hot water, but gets them to think. Last night went well, and someone is thinking.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You obviously realise that you have to be careful that you don't say something that gets you in front of a JC for apostasy but if you're wanting to wake others up that you care about, then you could just pose a question. One that you know the answer would lead individuals to start thinking about the credibility of the WTBS as god's spokespeople on earth today? Be careful, I wish you well.

Loz x

• cult classic
    cult classic

Have you read Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan? It's a good read and will help you understand how and why the Witnesses think as they do. It will also give you some insight into how they will likely respond if you say the wrong thing (from a JW standpoint).

I've had success helping some of my family out using the techniques in the book.

• cult classic
    cult classic

"I'd smile at them, put my hand on their arm and say in a positive, warm tone 'You don't have to worry about me. Jehovah can read hearts.'"

Heaven, I love this^

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

You have to figure out what you want compared to what you want for others. Sounds like you are pretty much on your way to a successful fade. Do you want to sacrifice that? Do you honestly think, in your heart of hearts, that you can get anyone else out?

If not, its best to just start turning down these invitations and moving on with your life. Faders lose their Watchtower "friends" and if they are lucky they get to keep some of their family. DFd lose everything. If you don't give a shit about losing everyone, by all means start dropping apostate hints everywhere, just know they will drop a dime on you in a New York second and you will be summoned to a JC.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You have the first prerequisite, you are being "real". You know the recipients don't want an avalanche.

I think it is worthwhile to plant a seed or two before your exit.

You can respond with a question.

Stick to one topic that would be of most interest to your hearer. Let them chew on that and not get distracted by the other stuff. It will be memorable.

Before launching, ask "Do you really want to know?", if they don't, you have a peaceful dinner. If they say yes, they have given permission. Minds are more receptive if they have given permission first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit