meeting place,” recalled one brother. No
    one else in the world wanted that name,
    but God has blessed us in the use of it for
    over eight decades. What a special privilege
    it is to be Jehovah’s Witnesses!

Question 4, 5. What special privilege has been ours since the year
    1931?

This is wrong on at least two counts:

1) The name Rutherford gave them was Jehovah’s witnesses, not Jehovah’s Witnesses

Golden Age, September 2, 1931, page 789

Resolution-A New Name

... therefore we joyfully embrace
    and take the name which the mouth of the Lord God
    has. named, and we desire to be known as and called
    by the name, to wit, Jehovah's witnesses.-Isa. 43: 10-
    12; 62: 2; Rev. 12: 17.

2) When Rutherford invented the Earthly Class, they were not Jehovah's witnesses, so rank and file members of the church have not been blessed with either Jehovah’s witnesses, or Jehovah’s Witnesses for "... for over eight decades."

YEAR BOOK
    of Jehovah's witnesses
    FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDING SEPTEMBER 1937

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are the most favored
    people that have lived on the earth since the days
    of the apostles of Christ Jesus. This annual report
    is submitted that they -and their companions, the
    Jonadabs
    , may have a vision of the progress of Jehovah's
    kingdom in the earth and that, having that
    vision, the joy of the Lord may give them greater
    strength in this time of stress.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, when was it that the "Jonadabs" were recognised as being JW's, and not just the "Elect" or Anointed ?

Just asking so I can get this clear before pouncing on this WT with my JW relatives !

Its a great point too, that JW's only numbered a tiny tiny group until the inclusion of the "earthly hopers", or "Jonnos" as JW's.

Well spotted B.S ! typical WT writing dept propaganda that pays scant attention to the truth, in an effort to make the whole thing look legit, which it sure is not !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So, when was it that the "Jonadabs" were recognised as being JW's, and not just the "Elect" or Anointed ?

I'm guessing Saturday night, August 5, 1950

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Interesting, it never occurred to me that only the anointed are Jehovah's Witnesses, not "the other sheep"!

It's funny how they can re-write history and simply call it "New Light" and everyone oohs and aahs!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    00DAD - "Interesting, it never occurred to me that only the anointed are Jehovah's Witnesses, not 'the other sheep'!"

So what's that make the R&F? "Jehovah's Witnesses' Witnesses"?

• Gayle
    Gayle

they never have "new light",, only, second or third etc,, and forever "second guesses."

And then everyone is expected to follow, and never disagree with the WT leadership with 'total uncertainty.'

• stapler99
    stapler99

Wow, I never knew this!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

“I will
    never forget the tremendous shout and
    applause that vibrated through that
    meeting place,” recalled one brother.

---------------

Just a side point...can you imagine any sort of "shouting" that would accompany any sort of announcement in our day? No, it's become much more legalistic now. There's no sort of freedom. All JWs must sit and act like robots. The most they can do is clap.

Anyone remember how ridiculous it would get on Sundays at the DC? The last talk...The speaker would get excited and keep asking rhetorical questions that were intentionally asked so that the audience would respond with applause? We would clap on every other sentence.

"Brothers, wasn't this a wonderful convention?!?"

"Are we not determined to finish our race in this wicked system of things?!?"

"Are we not thankful that the Governing Body provides us this food at the proper time?!?"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So what's that make the R&F? "Jehovah's Witnesses' Witnesses"?

LOL. That is pretty much correct. That's all they were back then. Their ticket to paradise has always been by hanging onto the coat tails of the church hierarchy. Now, even the 'anointed' are not 'special', possibly have psychological problems, and are just witnesses for the GB.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

On page 24:

How does daily Bible reading affect our figurative heart?

we may be in our youthful years and realize that there is no better career than full-time service. Still, do we put off pioneering, reasoning that we should first become financially secure? Should we not do our best now to be rich toward God? Who knows whether we will be alive tomorrow?

How freakin' dangerous and careless are these remarks - that have been repeated for the last hundred years, and limited the life f so many?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit